long eye relief scopes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• long eye relief scopes

What scope mounts and scopes are you guys using on your 91/30's?

98sohc281 w/an 03 motor swap with hitech stage 2 cams,jlt intake,c and l upper, longtube headers,o/r x-pipe with No cats dumped ,4:10 gears and a 3k stall w/a lil spray

Why put a scope on a Mosin?
    "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Originally posted by dee View Post
      Why put a scope on a Mosin?
      Because I wanna start shooting distance and see where I am hitting. Its a cheap 91/30 why not? I have a type 53 with iron sights and just looking for something different.

98sohc281 w/an 03 motor swap with hitech stage 2 cams,jlt intake,c and l upper, longtube headers,o/r x-pipe with No cats dumped ,4:10 gears and a 3k stall w/a lil spray

Comment

Not exactly the best platform to scope and expect great accuracy. As far as long eye relief scopes go just get a decent brand pistol scope.

Comment

Not exactly the best platform to scope and expect great accuracy. As far as long eye relief scopes go just get a decent brand pistol scope.
          I was thinking about getting a brass stacker mount with maybe a cheap http://swfa.com/NcStar-2-7x32-Pistol...pe-P47760.aspx. Is there any long eye relief pistol scopes you prefer.

Comment

Or I was thinking about just getting some tall dovetail mounts.

Comment

Burris makes a pretty good pistol scope. A key thing to remember is that a scope is only as good as the mounts, if the mount isn't good then you can spend 3 grand on a scope and still get crap results.

Comment

Burris makes a pretty good pistol scope. A key thing to remember is that a scope is only as good as the mounts, if the mount isn't good then you can spend 3 grand on a scope and still get crap results.
                Very true. I might pass on a Burris I would feel pretty dumb buying a scope that cost 3X the price of the gun.

Comment

been thinking of doing this with a M44 I have laying around using a Scout Scope mount. Easy to go back to normal if I decide I don't want to use it that way.
                  2004 Suzuki DL650
                  1996 Hy-Tek Hurricane 103

Comment

Originally posted by Downs View Post
                    been thinking of doing this with a M44 I have laying around using a Scout Scope mount. Easy to go back to normal if I decide I don't want to use it that way.
                    Which scope are you thinking about using and which scout mount are you going to use also? All the scout mounts I have read about have horrible reviews.

Comment

I'll have to do some more research when I get home from the GTG and I can't find it right this second.
                      2004 Suzuki DL650
                      1996 Hy-Tek Hurricane 103

Comment

Also keep in Mosin's can be very funny on accuracy they are one of the few rifles that a pressure contact point on the barrel can make great differences in accuracy, they hate to be floated or any thing like that. Also they aren't typically known as a sub MOA rifle and accuracy usually falls off with surplus ammo. There were also a few variations in bore diameter which can cause variations in accuracy as well.

Comment

I have tried every mount that you can think of and wasn't happy with any of them. IMHO stick with iron sights or MOJO peep sights.

Mojo Sights - Peep Sights by Mojo Sighting Systems
                          Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
                            I have tried every mount that you can think of and wasn't happy with any of them. IMHO stick with iron sights or MOJO peep sights.

http://www.mojosights.com/index.html
                            It looks like an adj ghost ring sight.

Comment

Originally posted by 98sohc281 View Post
                              It looks like an adj ghost ring sight.
                              That is exactly what they are. For the money you can't go wrong and you will not regret the purchase at all.
                              Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Working...
                              X