Talk me out of a G29

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talk me out of a G29

OK so I want a 10mm and have been planning on going with a 1911 in that caliber... but now I'm considering picking up a G29.

I don't own any glocks, not that I shoot them poorly, I just prefer some of the other options out there for plastic guns. How do they run in 10mm, any issues with warm to hot loads?

You want a 1911 in 10mm or a sub compact glock in 10mm? Tony tried to blow his up, ask him about his loads

Comment

Its apples to oranges and im not comparing them...basically the 1911 I was looking at putting together would be getting close to tripple the price of the glock, and I don't think that I want to shell out the $$ on the 1911 right now. The G29 isn't exactly small but it is still pretty concealable for when I want to use it as a ccw. There aren't a ton of choices in 10mm out there...

Comment

Are you specifically wanting a polymer handgun? You do have a Witness as an option.
        Originally posted by Jester
        Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
        He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
        Originally posted by Denny
        What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
        FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
          You want a 1911 in 10mm or a sub compact glock in 10mm? Tony tried to blow his up, ask him about his loads
          Haha, yeah. I put in an EFK Firedragon barrel with a little tighter chamber and traditional rifling, and have put a bunch of hot rounds through it. I qualified for my CHL a few weeks ago with a 180 grain FMJ at ~1100 fps. Quite snappy, and double taps were a little tough, but I still got 243/250.
          Originally posted by Broncojohnny
          HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Only get a G29 if you intend to conceal it. Otherwise, the G20 is a great gun, too.
            HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
              Only get a G29 if you intend to conceal it. Otherwise, the G20 is a great gun, too.
              Agreed. Barrel length is important on a 10mm.
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I second the Witness. Full metal frame, easy to swap out the slide and barrel if you ever want to shoot .40. They are a bit heavy...

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
                  Haha, yeah. I put in an EFK Firedragon barrel with a little tighter chamber and traditional rifling, and have put a bunch of hot rounds through it. I qualified for my CHL a few weeks ago with a 180 grain FMJ at ~1100 fps. Quite snappy, and double taps were a little tough, but I still got 243/250.
                  That's a pretty mild load for 10mm. What are you hot 180's at?
                  "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                  "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
                    I second the Witness. Full metal frame, easy to swap out the slide and barrel if you ever want to shoot .40. They are a bit heavy...
                    You can get a 10mm witness in polymer too.
                    Originally posted by Jester
                    Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                    He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                    Originally posted by Denny
                    What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                    FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
                      You don't need a new slide to go from 10mm to .40, just a barrel.
                      Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                      I can't remember. It's been too long.
                      HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                        3" barrel

Comment

I can CCW my G20 no problems. I'm also buying a G29 too for kicks. I shoot my G20 the best of all my guns..I love it. Check underwood ammo..They have GREAT prices and very hot loads. I also have a KKM 6' barrel for the G20 and it's beyond pimp.
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X