texas considering 'sound suppressors' on hunting rifles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mustangfreak View Post
    Why not just use hearing protection while hunting? BAM problem solved.
    A supressor IS hearing protection.
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Silenced America is posting that this passed...

Comment

Good deal I hope that's true.
        "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

It looks like it is.... If I'm reading the minutes correctly from TPWD....
          From here http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/business...06/index.phtml

The proposed amendment to §65.11, concerning Lawful Means, would allow the use of firearm silencers to hunt alligators, game animals and game birds. Under current rule, the use of sound-suppressing devices to hunt alligators, game animals or game birds is unlawful. The department has determined that there is no resource- or enforcement-related reason to prohibit the use of firearm silencers for the take of alligators, game animals or game birds, and therefore proposes to eliminate the current prohibition. The proposed rule also would specifically state that the rule does not relieve any person of the obligation to comply with any applicable state, federal, or local law governing the possession or use of firearm silencers. The proposed amendment also alters §65.11(3) to include additional counties to the applicability of the provisions governing the use of crossbows and eliminates references to specific season dates. This change is necessary to ensure consistency with the changes to §65.42 discussed elsewhere in this preamble.
          Further defined 65.11

§65.11. Lawful Means. It is unlawful to hunt any of the wildlife resources of this state except by the means authorized by this section and as provided in §65.19 of this title (relating to Hunting Deer with Dogs). (1) Firearms.
          (A) It is lawful to hunt alligators, game animals, and game birds with any legal firearm, including muzzleloading firearms, and including a firearm equipped with a silencer [weapons], except as specifically restricted in this section.
          (B) Nothing in this paragraph shall be construed to relieve any person of compliance with any other federal, state, or local laws governing the possession or use of firearm silencers.
          And at the very bottom.

This agency hereby certifies that the proposal has been reviewed by legal counsel and found to be within the agency’s authority to adopt.
          Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
          There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

best news i heard in a while.

still don't want to mess with the NFA nonsense!

cool though that now some neighboring properties wouldn't be as annoyed , etc.
            +1 Texas - a good common sense law.

Comment

NFA times increase 10 fold.....

Good news though, time for a 7.62 suppressor

Comment

Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
                NFA times increase 10 fold.....

Good news though, time for a 7.62 suppressor
                BATF will announce two year wait to get your stamp.

Comment

Originally posted by Dacotua View Post
                  BATF will announce two year wait to get your stamp.
                  And that's only 4 fold
                  "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                  "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                    And that's only 4 fold
                    True!

Currently I *THINK* the wait is 6-9 months. If a bunch of people go for silencers it will extend probably to 12-15 months.

They really need to hire people.

Comment

Originally posted by Dacotua View Post
                      True!

Currently I *THINK* the wait is 6-9 months. If a bunch of people go for silencers it will extend probably to 12-15 months.

They really need to hire people.
                      For our area and investigator we are averaging 5.5 months. But it's trending upward.

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Call or write a letter to your congressman, Mr. Thornberry from our district has called and wrote letters on more than one occasion to the BATF over extended wait times.
                        "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

so what did this change exactly .. that you can now hunt with a suppressor?

sounds like a law that's keeping the honest people honest ..

Comment

Originally posted by Cheezebandit View Post
                            so what did this change exactly .. that you can now hunt with a suppressor?

sounds like a law that's keeping the honest people honest ..

The law has nothing to do with keeping honest people honest. Have you fired a 30 caliber rifle with a suppressor? I can say you probably have not because its not that quite. In addition if you are anything like me you probably do not wear hearing protection while hunting. Over a long period of time hunting you can have some accumulative hearing damage.

Comment

I absolutely suck at hunting and even I can understand the benefits of being allowed to utilize a suppressor.
                              www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Cool data CJ. As a developer I'm intrigued. Is that your site?
                                Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
                                There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Working...
                                X