No announcement yet.

texas considering 'sound suppressors' on hunting rifles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Read on article on line a while back of a guy using a spear.

Sent from my iPhone
    2004 Suzuki DL650
    1996 Hy-Tek Hurricane 103

Comment

legal in Kansas

Comment

A Poacher won't use a Silencer, they use .22LR's or a BOW. (You can not hear a bow.)

Comment

A homemade can for a .22 doesn't take long to make.
          2004 Suzuki DL650

Comment

Most poaching happens in the middle of the night. Depending on the location, like where I am nobody would ever know.

Comment

Originally posted by grove rat
              "If you can't hear other hunters and don't know they are on property, near your hunting area, you certainly have greater risk of a hunting accident," Hightower said.
              For some reason this angers me. If I don't know someone is on "a property" that I am hunting on then either them or I are a poacher. (I hunt on my Dad's place in Brady Tx.) Also, he makes it sound like you can tell, EXACTLY where someone is because they do not have a suppressor. Well.... what if that person never fires a shot??? Still don't know they are there... or are they there at all?? His logic isn't logical at all.

Give me a suppressor for my 6mm. PLEASE! I like hearing.
              Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
              There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Originally posted by Downs View Post
                A homemade can for a .22 doesn't take long to make.
                There are ATF agents on this board so you know.
                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by Darren M View Post
                  Give me a suppressor for my 6mm. PLEASE! I like hearing.
                  Yep!
                  I have permanent hearing loss that the ENT doc traced back to the db consistent with gun shots....

Comment

A homemade can for a .22 doesn't take long to make. From what I've heard/read on the interweb.
                    Fixed.
                    Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
                    There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                      There are ATF agents on this board so you know.
                      Doesn't mean I've ever made one. The fact is if you understand how they work they are not that hard to make with some tools you can buy at home depot. Especially for a low power .22. They obviously won't be as smooth, streamlined or efficient as a commercial one but they would work.
                      Last edited by Downs; 03-15-2012, 04:05 PM.
                      2004 Suzuki DL650

Comment

Doesn't mean I've ever made one. The fact is if you understand how they work they are not that hard to make with some tools you can buy at home depot. Especially for a low power .22. They obviously won't be as smooth, streamlined or efficient as a commercial one but they would work.
                        Also not illegal if on a Form 1....

Comment

I keep hoping that suppressors will simply be taken off of the NFA list and sold just like any other firearm accessory. The cost would drop to about 30% of what they sell for now if that happens. I'd have Surefire cans on everything that I own a week after the change if it ever comes.

The really funny thing is that they are completely unregulated in most of Europe and you will have your hunting license pulled if you don't use one while hunting in many countries over there. They also allow hunting game animals at night.
                          Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
                            I keep hoping that suppressors will simply be taken off of the NFA list and sold just like any other firearm accessory. The cost would drop to about 30% of what they sell for now if that happens. I'd have Surefire cans on everything that I own a week after the change if it ever comes.
                            No they wouldnt.

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post

The really funny thing is that they are completely unregulated in most of Europe and you will have your hunting license pulled if you don't use one while hunting in many countries over there. They also allow hunting game animals at night.
                              Silencers aren't that expensive right now. Hell the Fed Tax is like 50% of the cost of them now.

Comment

Originally posted by Dacotua View Post
                                Silencers aren't that expensive right now. Hell the Fed Tax is like 50% of the cost of them now.
                                I'm not even worried about the price. I shouldn't have to jump though flaming hoops and fork 200 more dollars than I already do to get a tax stamp to f'in own one
                                2004 Suzuki DL650

Comment

Working...
                                X