Do shotgun shells have a shelf life?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do shotgun shells have a shelf life?

I found a box while doing some spring cleaning. No date but it has some numbers on it. I dont have a shotgun anymore either.

Winchester - Dove&Quail
    12 gauge - 2 3/4 - #8 shot
    Originally posted by Silverback
    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
    I found a box while doing some spring cleaning. No date but it has some numbers on it. I dont have a shotgun anymore either.

Winchester - Dove&Quail
    12 gauge - 2 3/4 - #8 shot
    Go fire one off and find out...
    Originally posted by Sean88gt
    You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
    Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
    You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtracer View Post
      Go fire one off and find out...
      Seriously, are you trolling? I know your dumb ass can read, I posted I don't have a shotgun anymore.
      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Probably fine unless been submerged or anything like that and they are just your average dove loads.
        "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

They should be fine.
          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I've fired shotgun shells that are 70 years old. Pretty sure they're fine as long as they were stored properly. If they're plastic don't even worry about it.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Yup, plastic (red). Maybe someone wants to trade, I will take some .40 shells.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                Yup, plastic (red). Maybe someone wants to trade, I will take some .40 shells.
                well, they're probably standard 7 1/2 field shot, not worth much at all even in large quantities. A case goes for like $40 (250).
                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Sounds like someone found the perfect reason to get a shotgun. Got some shells to use up!
                  Originally posted by MR EDD
                  U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

hammer and nail

Comment

Only issue I could see is if they shells split in storage, they could have problems feeding, but should still shoot fine if you can get them chambered...
                      "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Originally posted by BlackGT View Post
                        Only issue I could see is if they shells split in storage, they could have problems feeding, but should still shoot fine if you can get them chambered...
                        I figured the same thing but he states he does not have a shotgun so he is SOL until he buys one or borrows one...
                        Originally posted by Sean88gt
                        You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
                        Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
                        You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

Working...
                        X