Got my Form 4 CLEO signoff back today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my Form 4 CLEO signoff back today

Dropped off my forms at the Police Department this morning at 8am, then drove to the Sheriffs Office to drop off another set.

By 9:30am my Police Chief told me to come pick up my Form 4s. He signed off on my machinegun and my silencer. Off to the post office to send off my forms and 400 bucks to the batf.

I hope to get my stamps by christmas

10 mins ago the Sheriff called me and told me to pick up my forms from his office in the morning. Who said getting a CLEO signature is hard???

Originally posted by Dacotua View Post
    Dropped off my forms at the Police Department this morning at 8am, then drove to the Sheriffs Office to drop off another set.

By 9:30am my Police Chief told me to come pick up my Form 4s. He signed off on my machinegun and my silencer. Off to the post office to send off my forms and 400 bucks to the batf.

10 mins ago the Sheriff called me and told me to pick up my forms from his office in the morning. Who said getting a CLEO signature is hard???
    What county?
    Originally posted by Jester
    Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
    He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
    Originally posted by Denny
    What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
    FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

But why go through that process? Why not go the trust route?
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
        But why go through that process? Why not go the trust route?
        I ask why not?
        Originally posted by Sean88gt
        You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
        Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
        You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
          What county?
          Denton.

And I like the guns in my name. If you dont keep up with the trust the ATF can nail you.

ATF busted someone recently who made a trust with willmaker.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtracer View Post
            I ask why not?
            Because you get more rights? You can assign more people to legally possess and use the gun, and if somethings happens to you, your family doesn't have to re-register and pay the tax stamp again. You also don't have fingerprints and a photo on file with the county, and it isn't that as much of a hassle. Also, you don't lose your guns if you get yourself in trouble.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

My understanding is they can't "bust" you. They either approved or denied the stamp. If they approve then revoke you still are not in the wrong unless you fail to comply.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk
              Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Denton.

And I like the guns in my name. If you dont keep up with the trust the ATF can nail you.

ATF busted someone recently who made a trust with willmaker.
                Yeah, don't trust Quicken to manage your BATFE firearms.

Comment

Because you get more rights? You can assign more people to legally possess and use the gun, and if somethings happens to you, your family doesn't have to re-register and pay the tax stamp again. You also don't have fingerprints and a photo on file with the county, and it isn't that as much of a hassle. Also, you don't lose your guns if you get yourself in trouble.
                  FYI if you die, the gun gets transferred without paying and additional tax. You do it on a form 5.

You dont need the CLEO sign off on a inherited gun

Comment

FYI if you die, the gun gets transferred without paying and additional tax. You do it on a form 5.

With a trust you don't have to file or fill out anything. I assume you agree with every other additional right a trust grants you.

Comment

With a trust there is no transfer.

If someone steals my machine gun and commits a crime I am not liable in civil or criminal court. The gun belongs to the trust not ME.

On a CLEO you are 100% liable.

Trust provides legal shelter.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk
                      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Multiple legal owners and operators and not having my fingerprints and photo on file at the county office is more than enough reason to avoid the direct route for me. That and having to ask approval which could potentially be denied. And I don't have time to do that unfortunately. I barely have time to pick the damn guns up.

Comment

With a trust you don't have to file or fill out anything. I assume you agree with every other additional right a trust grants you.
                          I prefer individual.

With a trust you need to stay on top of it.

Only advatage of a trust is that you can put multiple people on the trust.

FYI The batf is thinking of removing the CLEO Signature off the forms this year. They are also thinking about making it manditory for all trust members to send photos and fingerprints. This is due to a felon buying a machine gun via trust.

Comment

I prefer individual.

With a trust you need to stay on top of it.

Only advatage of a trust is that you can put multiple people on the trust.

FYI The batf is thinking of removing the CLEO Signature off the forms this year. They are also thinking about making it manditory for all trust members to send photos and fingerprints. This is due to a felon buying a machine gun via trust.
                            But why? The only advantage isn't you can put multiple people on the trust, as we've already been over. You don't have to deal with the CLEO paperwork in the first place, you don't have to fuck with form 5's, your wife and other people can shoot the guns, and you don't have your fingerprints and photo at the local police department? That makes a hell of a lot of sense to me. The direct route only has disadvantages.

And the BATFE rumors have been around for a decade, it's just gossip. Remember the BATFE Saiga gossip?

And you should easily get your stuff by Christmas. Most likely it will be August with current and projected turn around times.

Comment

But why? The only advantage isn't you can put multiple people on the trust, as we've already been over. You don't have to deal with the CLEO paperwork in the first place, you don't have to fuck with form 5's, your wife and other people can shoot the guns, and you don't have your fingerprints and photo at the local police department? That makes a hell of a lot of sense to me. The direct route only has disadvantages.

And the BATFE rumors have been around for a decade, it's just gossip. Remember the BATFE Saiga gossip?
                              Government already has your picture and fingerprints.

You got a Texas DL, they got your pic and at least a thumb print

You got a CHL, they have your pic and all your fingerprints.

Got any federal licenses, they got your pic and fingerprints

Military? They got your pic, prints and DNA

Picture and prints dont bother me, they have it already

Comment

Working...
                              X