good ammo for auto loading shotguns?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• good ammo for auto loading shotguns?

I have this remmington 1100 that I bought a while back and have not put a round through it yet. It is still brand new. I am going to get to the range soon to put a few through it and break it in. I am wondering what type of ammo these like. Being an auto laoder and all I am guessing it is a little more picky. Should I be looking for some of the reduced recoil stuff or a full power shell? This gun is chambered for 2.75" shells. Also being more of a tactical style weapon I will not be running bird shot or any small pellet loads through it if that matters.

If it doesn't eat anything you put in it, send it back to remington for repair.
    Originally posted by lincolnboy
    After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Better yet, just send it back to Remington and ask for a refund to buy a gun from a competitor who is not owned by Freedom Arms and doesn't have the QC issues that every company Freedom Arms has bought has!
      "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
        Right! My mossy 930 eats everything including small children. My favorite load is Federal Reduce Recoil LE buckshot with Flight Control Wads.
        Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

My AL loved the cheap Federal from Walmart...

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
            Right! My mossy 930 eats everything including small children. My favorite load is Federal Reduce Recoil LE buckshot with Flight Control Wads.
            i prefer to shoot midgets out of mine, but to each his own.

Comment

Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
              I have this remmington 1100 that I bought a while back and have not put a round through it yet. It is still brand new. I am going to get to the range soon to put a few through it and break it in. I am wondering what type of ammo these like. Being an auto laoder and all I am guessing it is a little more picky. Should I be looking for some of the reduced recoil stuff or a full power shell? This gun is chambered for 2.75" shells. Also being more of a tactical style weapon I will not be running bird shot or any small pellet loads through it if that matters.
              1100's need at least a 1oz load. I would get a box of 1 1/8 oz Winchester AA and run it through the gun.

Why would you want to buy an 1100 as a tactical shotgun?

Comment

I wanted an auto loader with high capacity and It did not have to necessarily be a sporting gun. The FN's and benelli guns were more than twice the price of this one. I am sure they are better in some aspects but for what I want this for the price was right.

Comment

I picked up a 1100 a while back and I've run the cheapest Federal target loads all day.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
                  Originally posted by Jester
                  Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                  He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                  Originally posted by Denny
                  What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                  FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

1100's are gas operated and as long as the gas seals are good it should cycle anything.
                    "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
                      I picked up a 1100 a while back and I've run the cheapest Federal target loads all day.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
                      Yeah mine runs whatever I put in it with no issues.
                      Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Went to alpine today and it did not like the reduced recoil stuff at all. It would not even cycle. I bought 2 other boxes of shells both game loads to test out and it seemed to do ok with those I did have a few that would not cycle every now and then and I had to manually remove the casing that was hanging half way out of the ejection port. A few squirts of remoil and it seemed to do a lot better as it was breaking in. I think I need to break it all the way down and check for any burrs.

Comment

Reduced recoil shells are usually for pump shotguns. 1100's and most all of your semi auto shotguns are gas operated (with the exception of browning A5's and a few others) and it can cause insufficient gas pressure to cycle your shotgun. A semi auto doesn't need reduced recoil, it reduces a standard round substantially.
                          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                            Reduced recoil shells are usually for pump shotguns. 1100's and most all of your semi auto shotguns are gas operated (with the exception of browning A5's and a few others) and it can cause insufficient gas pressure to cycle your shotgun. A semi auto doesn't need reduced recoil, it reduces a standard round substantially.
                            My A5 won't shoot light loads. Also it kicks like a mule with just bird shot and buck shot will result in a bruised sholder.

Comment

Originally posted by slow55 View Post
                              My A5 won't shoot light loads. Also it kicks like a mule with just bird shot and buck shot will result in a bruised sholder.
                              That's because A5's are not gas operated, they hit a lot harder. A standard full power bird load in a gas operated 1100 is very tame. I've shot 500 shells in a day and never had any discomfort.
                              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Working...
                              X