ALG Defense Triggers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ALG Defense Triggers

Just a couple more trigger groups to add to the market. I'm not satisfied with the No Name Brand trigger in my Noveske, so I thought I would give the ACT version a try. Seems like an affordable option if you're looking to upgrade from a stock AR trigger.

ALG Defense Combat Trigger - ACT - $65

ALG Defense Quality Mil-Spec (QMS) - $45

I've heart good things about the ACT trigger.

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
      I've heart good things about the ACT trigger.
      I've been on the fence about dropping some coin on a quality trigger group from Geissele, Timney or CMC. When I seen this, I knew I had to at least give it a try. From what I read about the ACT and QMS triggers, is that they're tuned by Geissele Automatics and coated by ALG Defense. All the reviews I've read online about Geissele Automatics have been nothing but great, so it's worth a try at only $65.

Comment

Well, I just ordered one of each. We'll see how they workout.

Comment

I just got an Emal from Rainier saying these shipped today, If anyone is interested Ill make a post reporting how they work out. Anything is better than the shit that comes in the DPMS lpk.

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by bigshoe View Post
            I just got an Emal from Rainier saying these shipped today, If anyone is interested Ill make a post reporting how they work out. Anything is better than the shit that comes in the DPMS lpk.

Chris
            I am interested in knowing what you think

Comment

Chris

X2. If I can find some time, I'll do the same. Chances are though, you will probably beat me to it.

Comment

Originally posted by bigmuskie View Post
                X2. If I can find some time, I'll do the same. Chances are though, you will probably beat me to it.
                Im hoping they show up by Saturday, and I have 400 rounds of 6.8 that will be here tomorrow so we'll see.

Comment

I literally spent 15 minutes TOTAL with 600 grit sandpaper and a dremel polishing wheel on my DPMS AR-10 trigger. 10x better, but with still having some pull weight for defensive use.
                  Why doesnt any one do anything themselves ?
                  it's two freaking itty bitty surfaces to polish!

bonus - try drinking a beer why you do it, it's AWESOME
                  nevermind - Noveske . this is like trying to convince a guy who bought a mercedes that it's possible to check the oil level yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by futant View Post
                    I literally spent 15 minutes TOTAL with 600 grit sandpaper and a dremel polishing wheel on my DPMS AR-10 trigger. 10x better, but with still having some pull weight for defensive use.

nevermind - Noveske . this is like trying to convince a guy who bought a mercedes that it's possible to check the oil level yourself.
                    That's great man, glad your polishing job worked out for ya.

Comment

I would attempt a trigger job, I'm just not at that point yet.

Comment

Let us know how it turns out. I'm gonna try to work that stock crappy one I got from PSA, but if that doesn't work out I wanna pick up something a little better for not too much coin

Comment

I can do a trigger job on an AR15 in about 3 minutes while standing, haha. All this ACT is looks to be a stock trigger which has it's positive engagement removed. That's the majority of the creep people complain about. For a truly light target trigger you need a totally different design like a timney. This is just a factory trigger with the engagement angle changed. You can easily do this yourself, the problem is re-hardening the parts. For the money I'm sure it's decent.
                          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by futant View Post

I have no problem doing anything myself at all,Considering I built a 1500 Hp Mustang, and Ive assembled quite a few Ar Rifles from scratch (not slapping an upper and lower together). My problem with this is just as CJ mentioned, "polishing" thru the case hardening, I don't know what the result of this would be. Trigger wearing out prematurely, trigger failing when I don't need it too, I don't know, so Ill shell out $65 and try one of these new ones. I cant really say that I know how a "good" GI trigger is supposed to feel, but I will be able to tell if its better than the shit that's in it. I'm going to do a "trigger job" on the trigger I take out and try in in my other AR15 or maybe my AR pistol. I just don't want to fuck up the one in my nicer rifle and have it fail when Ive got a nice herd of piggies in front of me. I'm also going to try out some of the JP springs.

Comment

I have no problem doing anything myself at all,Considering I built a 1500 Hp Mustang, and Ive assembled quite a few Ar Rifles from scratch (not slapping an upper and lower together). My problem with this is just as CJ mentioned, "polishing" thru the case hardening, I don't know what the result of this would be. Trigger wearing out prematurely, trigger failing when I don't need it too, I don't know, so Ill shell out $65 and try one of these new ones. I cant really say that I know how a "good" GI trigger is supposed to feel, but I will be able to tell if its better than the shit that's in it. I'm going to do a "trigger job" on the trigger I take out and try in in my other AR15 or maybe my AR pistol. I just don't want to fuck up the one in my nicer rifle and have it fail when Ive got a nice herd of piggies in front of me. I'm also going to try out some of the JP springs.
                              lies, all lies.

where is the "I am running away" smiley to use here?
                              Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Working...
                              X