Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well crap...ended up with a Pistol upper.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well crap...ended up with a Pistol upper.

...now what?

I ordered the RRA 7" 9mm Upper. There was no indication on the website (adcofirearms) that it was a Pistol upper.

My lower is registered and I know I can swap out the upper "temporarily" to any caliber.

Legal issues on this? It's small white lettering at the top (not etched) can I just scratch it off/paint over it?

Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
    ...now what?

I ordered the RRA 7" 9mm Upper. There was no indication on the website (adcofirearms) that it was a Pistol upper.

My lower is registered and I know I can swap out the upper "temporarily" to any caliber.

Legal issues on this? It's small white lettering at the top (not etched) can I just scratch it off/paint over it?
    Wut?

Comment

Im confused

Comment

Sorry.

I bought a 9mm upper that I believed to be a "rifle upper". It has "Pistol" on the top of the upper.

I have a Registered (Form 1) SBR lower. Can I put the pistol upper on the SBR rifle lower?

Comment

The upper can say "fat girl incinerator" on it and it doesnt amount to anything.

Comment

Originally posted by threefingerpete View Post
            the upper can say "fat girl incinerator" on it and it doesnt amount to anything.
            lmfao

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
              The upper can say "fat girl incinerator" on it and it doesnt amount to anything.
              Appreciate it and in lame (me) man's terms

Just want to be on the good side if Johnny law comes around.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
                I would pay extra for that one.
                Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Lower is the traceable part with the serial number on it, as long as the lower is all on the up-n-up I dont see why you'd have an issue?

Comment

Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
                    Appreciate it and in lame (me) man's terms

Just want to be on the good side if Johnny law comes around.

Thanks!
                    Always the best approach.

On that note, even though you have your answer, you could ask the ATF agents at the next Will Rogers gun show. They had a table set up at the last one. My guess is they would love to field questions like this. Don't forget to log name, time and date with each answer.
                    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

I might be interested in it, if you don't want it, OP.
                      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

if you have an SBR lower you can mount anything you want to the upper. They are making it pistol just so they cover their asses in case some dumbass bolts it to a non-SBR lower.
                        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by ihaveamustang View Post
                          appreciate it and in layman's (me) terms

just want to be on the good side if johnny law comes around.

Thanks!
                          ftfy

Comment

Working...
                          X