Took my daughter to the range

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Took my daughter to the range

She loved it! My daughter is 6 and figured it was time to get her out to the range. She was very excited and once she got used to the scope she was hooked. She went through over 150 rounds on her own. Squirrels better watch out, those .22 rounds without gunpowder are damn near silent!

wow, pretty damn good! Is that a boyd stock on that gun?
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Very nice. She is a cutie and looks like she was having a blast.

Stevo
      Originally posted by SSMAN
      ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

That is a hell of a nice grouping for her first time out.
        I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Very nice! Well done dad!
          www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

I couldn't tell you anything about that gun. I couldn't tell you much about guns period. I hadn't shot a gun in nearly 15 years prior to last weekend. My best friend supplied the weapon. All I know is that its a .22 and I was with him when he bought the stock at the Fort Worth gun show. Look closely and you can see my daughter using her left hand to pull the trigger. It's still a bit too long for her so I'm looking at getting her a cricket rifle that I saw at the show. It's a single shot but it will teach her to slow down and take her time.

Comment

Looks like a 10/22 with a boyd stock on it.
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I bought my daughter a CMMG .22 because it has adjustable stock that she can shorten to her size and she is 7 but then when time is right I can slap a .223 upper on it and she can hunt with me and grandpa
                sigpic

Comment

What is a .22 round without gun powder, and what propels the bullet?

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                    Primer.

Comment

A primer generally has enough pop to propel a bullet a short distance. Ask CJ about the primer that went off in his face a few weeks back.
                      Originally posted by lincolnboy
                      After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

I figured he was talking about sub-sonic rounds.
                        www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                          A primer generally has enough pop to propel a bullet a short distance. Ask CJ about the primer that went off in his face a few weeks back.
                          Luckily I had headphones on, but they are loud as shit.

I have a .44 magnum dummy round which is rifled. You insert a pellet into the rear of it, and then you push a primer in behind it. Allows you to shoot pellets with a .44 magnum using a primer.

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                            Looks like a 10/22 with a boyd stock on it.
                            Correct, it's a ruger 10-22. Couldn't tell you more about the stock though.

Comment

Awesome! My boys are 12 and 8 and they love to go shooting.
                              92 LX 5.0

Comment

Working...
                              X