No announcement yet.

How cheap can you build an AR15 for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

are we talking a cheap (quality-wise) AR are are these parts the good stuff?

Comment

Originally posted by bigmuskie View Post
      Surplus Ammo & Arms Complete 16" HBAR Upper Receiver - Olympic Arms 1:9 Barrel

Bolt Carrier Group $110.00
      Charging handle $15.00
      Magpul MOE Hand Guard $30.00
      Minus these parts above, that puts the upper at 264.00 not including S/H.

Not bad for an upper that is in stock. Although goofygrin's post #12 with the Classic Arms AR kit is better cost wise (I think anyhow) this will still get the job done. Surplus Ammo & Arms and Classic Arms are both great companies that I have had the pleasure of giving lots of money to, you can't go wrong with either.

The best deal on bulk ammo in stock. Whether it’s for a pistol, rifle, shotgun or any firearm, we have defensive, practice, and huntings rounds at everyday low prices!

This is going on mine, as soon as they get the OD Green Handguard back in stock.

Comment

Originally posted by udrandman View Post
        This is going on mine, as soon as they get the OD Green Handguard back in stock.
        I wouldn't wait too long. The best gun salesman this country has seen might have'em sold out before you know it.

Comment

I wouldn't wait too long. The best gun salesman this country has seen might have'em sold out before you know it.
          I hope not, they guy i talked to up there said they had more than enough to keep until next week when they got the OD Green back in!

Although they did go up $5 from Wednesday to Thursday (maybe Thursday to Friday)

Comment

Where can the cheapest free float hand guard be bought?
            First hand witness at the failure of public healthcare.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Fiux View Post
              Where can the cheapest free float hand guard be bought?
              I have a Model 1 tube on my .223. Very cheap, and the fit and quality is really nice.
              IMG_0424

Comment

Has anyone tried a cheap red-dot sight? (cheap being <$100) More importantly, has anyone found one that has been good? I just can't shell out $400-500 for something.

I found a few, that have decent/good reviews.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/SCP119-7.html

http://www.amazon.com/Bushnell-Troph...0989561&sr=8-1

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/SCP341-1.html

I know there is a "get what you pay for" aspect to it, just wondering if I can get something cheap for plinking that won't completely suck.

Comment

primary arms for cheap red dots

Comment

Originally posted by udrandman View Post
                    Has anyone tried a cheap red-dot sight? (cheap being <$100) More importantly, has anyone found one that has been good? I just can't shell out $400-500 for something.

I found a few, that have decent/good reviews.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/SCP119-7.html

http://www.amazon.com/Bushnell-Troph...0989561&sr=8-1

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/SCP341-1.html

I know there is a "get what you pay for" aspect to it, just wondering if I can get something cheap for plinking that won't completely suck.

I second the Primary Arms. I have this combo and it works great.

The Bushnell does not have an removable base, so it would need a base like this from UTG.
                    Cheaper Than Dirt! is America's Ultimate Shooting Sports Discounter, and we live up to that title. Expect bulk ammo deals, discount firearms, parts to build your next gun and more.

The other two I have no experience with.

Comment

I attempted to order when it showed "in stock". After a week of it showing up as a pending transaction with my bank, I called to find out what the hold up was. Can't remember now what it was, longer wait time or something, I just cancelled. I knew DSArms was out of the question, friend of mine has been waiting just over two months for his upper.
                      Good news! Just received my two SARCO upper kits today! Took 14 days or two weeks to order/pay/ship/receive!

All parts look brand new, no used parts that I can see!

Two kits,everything included but the lower for 859.00! So 2 complete ar's for 959.00! Not too shabby for "truck"guns....

Randy

Comment

Originally posted by likeitfast55 View Post
                        Good news! Just received my two SARCO upper kits today! Took 14 days or two weeks to order/pay/ship/receive!

All parts look brand new, no used parts that I can see!

Two kits,everything included but the lower for 859.00! So 2 complete ar's for 959.00! Not too shabby for "truck"guns....

Randy
                        Good deal man, glad it didn't take long to receive. I received my SA&A upper maybe a week ago now. I'm building two rifles at the same time, so ordering parts when they're in stock and when money comes available seems stressful.

Comment

Originally posted by goofygrin View Post
                          Don't forget transfer and shipping on the pieces.
                          Only part that needs to go though a FFL if you order it online is the Lower receiver. Everything else can be shipped to your door.

I figured up a while back I could put someone together a barebones A2 or Carbine for between 600 and 750 dollars all said and done. I usually suggest buying the parts separate so you can get the barrel and everything you really want. It'll cost a little more but assembling an AR15 is like an erector set if you have a good armorer's wrench and a torque wrench.
                          2004 Suzuki DL650
                          1996 Hy-Tek Hurricane 103

Comment

Working...
                          X