Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what's a good little bolt action 22/22mag/17hmr?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlackGT View Post
    The accutrigger, bull barrel and the nicer stocks are worth the extra money!
    This

Comment

Is the .17 hm2 considered dead? Just curious.

Stevo
      Originally posted by SSMAN
      ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Originally posted by stevo View Post
        Is the .17 hm2 considered dead? Just curious.

Stevo
        It's pretty much impossible to find ammo locally, which points to it doing a slow death. ammo problems killed it

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
          It's pretty much impossible to find ammo locally, which points to it doing a slow death. ammo problems killed it
          No one could ever get it to work right. The only reason it existed was for an easy semi-auto conversion for 10/22's and other semi auto 22's. But it never worked right.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
            No one could ever get it to work right. The only reason it existed was for an easy semi-auto conversion for 10/22's and other semi auto 22's. But it never worked right.
            Lots of bolt action guys at rimfire central like it. It is a great little caliber for small game. And if the ammo wasnt so problematic, it probably would have caught on

Comment

Lots of bolt action guys at rimfire central like it. It is a great little caliber for small game. And if the ammo wasnt so problematic, it probably would have caught on
              Right... bolt action guys like it, but the key is it was meant to be for semi-autos, for the short actions. If I had a bolt gun I don't know why I would waste my time with HM2 when I could shoot HMR.
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Right... bolt action guys like it, but the key is it was meant to be for semi-autos, for the short actions. If I had a bolt gun I don't know why I would waste my time with HM2 when I could shoot HMR.
                Because at one point hm2 was $3.50 a box, and hmr was $12

Comment

Because at one point hm2 was $3.50 a box, and hmr was $12
                  I can't ever recall seeing it that cheap. I considered doing an HM2 conversion for my 10/22, but every manufacturer pulled the conversion kits because of all the problems.

Comment

I can't ever recall seeing it that cheap. I considered doing an HM2 conversion for my 10/22, but every manufacturer pulled the conversion kits because of all the problems.
                    It was far far cheaper than .17 hmr, and at done points, it was as cheap as decent .22lr.

Comment

Originally posted by grove rat View Post
                      how about you guys finding me a cheap bolt action instead of whatever it is you are talking about
                      Just take my advise. You're welcome to borrow mine or meet me at a range and put your hands on it. This is a 30 year old rifle and 30 year old Weaver D4 fixed scope and it'll shoot groups like many of the other weapons in this thread.
                      Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                      Would you like your reparations in 5.56mm or 7.62mm?

Comment

Originally posted by Samhain View Post
                        Just take my advise. You're welcome to borrow mine or meet me at a range and put your hands on it. This is a 30 year old rifle and 30 year old Weaver D4 fixed scope and it'll shoot groups like many of the other weapons in this thread.
                        Im not calling you out, but do you have any group pics? Sub 1/2" groups @ 50 yards with a 4x scope is impressive.

Comment

Im not calling you out, but do you have any group pics? Sub 1/2" groups @ 50 yards with a 4x scope is impressive.
                          I believe (I could be wrong) that I shot one hole with Alex's 10/22 with a 4x leupold at 50 yards. It's all about the shooter, .22's are just inherently accurate guns.

Comment

I'll snap some pics next time out. I don't have anything to gain by making up stories, but I can understand where you're coming from. I was surprised myself.
                            Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                            Would you like your reparations in 5.56mm or 7.62mm?

Comment

Working...
                            X