X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No laughing at the Tomb of the Uknown Soldier

Bad ass on DECK!

Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
    There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Nice.
    "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Good. People can't even shut up during the Nation Anthem these days.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
      Originally posted by MR EDD
      U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Good for him. I'd rather seen a butt-stroke to the face, but that's just me.

A troop from that same unit refused to leave his post and continued his duties as a hurricane passed through several years ago. Yeah, it's that kind of important.

Comment

Originally posted by JP135 View Post
          Good for him. I'd rather seen a butt-stroke to the face, but that's just me.

A troop from that same unit refused to leave his post and continued his duties as a hurricane passed through several years ago. Yeah, it's that kind of important.
          You're not the only one.

And I heard about the one during the storm. Those guys will always have my deepest abiding respect.
          "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Post 4 nails it.
            www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Great second video. I went to college w/ a member of that guard. Their duties do not end when they are discharged. Some serious shit to be one of them.
              Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
              There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren M View Post
                Great second video. I went to college w/ a member of that guard. Their duties do not end when they are discharged. Some serious shit to be one of them.
                part of the requirements are absolutely no drinking or smoking...even after discharge.
                كافر

Originally posted by sc281
                Always better to be an Uncle than a Father. All the fun stuff and none of the expensive stuff.
                Originally posted by Trick Pony
                ...from what I've seen on here bcoop knows his shit when it comes to smoking meat.

Comment

Originally posted by HOOCBB View Post
                  part of the requirements are absolutely no drinking or smoking...even after discharge.
                  Well, I'm out.
                  Originally posted by lincolnboy
                  After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                    Well, I'm out.
                    Youre allowed to handle kochs.

Comment

Originally posted by threefingerpete View Post
                      youre allowed to handle kochs.
                      lol
                      "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
                        Youre allowed to handle kochs.
                        Damn, double disqualified.
                        Originally posted by lincolnboy
                        After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

I saw that video a few weeks ago. I just spent the last 30 minutes watching similar ones thanks to this thread. I really wish I would have visited DC when I was still enlisted.
                          DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Originally posted by HOOCBB View Post
                            Seems to be false according to this site.

Is it true they must commit 2 years of life to guard the Tomb, live in a barracks under the tomb, and cannot drink any alcohol on or off duty for the rest of their lives.

No, this is a false rumor. The average tour at the Tomb is about a year. There is NO set time for service there. The Sentinels live either in a barracks on Ft. Myer (the Army post located adjacent to the cemetery) or off base if they like. They do have living quarters under the steps of the amphitheater where they stay during their 24 hour shifts, but when they are off, they are off. And if they are of legal age, they may drink anything they like, except while on duty.

Comment

Originally posted by Lason View Post
                              Seems to be false according to this site.

Is it true they must commit 2 years of life to guard the Tomb, live in a barracks under the tomb, and cannot drink any alcohol on or off duty for the rest of their lives.

No, this is a false rumor. The average tour at the Tomb is about a year. There is NO set time for service there. The Sentinels live either in a barracks on Ft. Myer (the Army post located adjacent to the cemetery) or off base if they like. They do have living quarters under the steps of the amphitheater where they stay during their 24 hour shifts, but when they are off, they are off. And if they are of legal age, they may drink anything they like, except while on duty.
                              Well I'll be a monkey's uncle...I read somewhere several years ago that they could not do so.
                              كافر

Originally posted by sc281
                              Always better to be an Uncle than a Father. All the fun stuff and none of the expensive stuff.
                              Originally posted by Trick Pony
                              ...from what I've seen on here bcoop knows his shit when it comes to smoking meat.

Comment

Working...
                              X