Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CHL holders- story where you have pulled/used your weapon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BERNIE MOSFET View Post
    Another overlooked aspect is that even if concealed carrying on campus is legalized, universities still have the ability to expel students based on university weapon prohibition policies. There should be language in the legislation that prevents public universities from disciplining someone who is legally carrying a handgun on campus or inside campus premises. Otherwise, students who are 21 and getting into their junior or senior years of school stand to lose a lot of vested time and effort in their academics if they are forced to out themselves as CHL holders carrying on campus (self-defense, declaration to campus police). The end result is students might not be willing to risk their education, and not carry.
    Any private school can also just put up the appropriate signage to prevent people from carrying as well.
    Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
    Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

I wish I could carry in school only because I go at night. All someone would have to do is walk into a class and start spraying and would be able to clear out a few classes before anyone was alerted and the cops arrived. Some people think i overreact by saying that but now days people are crazy and will do anything. There is hardly any security around campus as is.

Comment

Never had to draw my CHL. Been in a few situations that seemed like they were about to get hairy or had people acting strange while following me around and either got out of there or positioned myself to where I would be at an advantage.

Guns on campus..........I'm all for it. Utah has been doing it. Crazy dudes look for "soft targets" such as "gun free zones".
        2004 Suzuki DL650
        1996 Hy-Tek Hurricane 103

Comment

Originally posted by 1985gt View Post
          The same is true for the workplace though. I can legally carry my gun at work, but they can fire me if its against company policy.
          Exactly. If you don't carry at work because the company prohibits it, you make my point about schools prohibiting carrying.

Originally posted by Trick Pony View Post
          Any private school can also just put up the appropriate signage to prevent people from carrying as well.
          Absolutely. I don't like it, but that's the nature of our legal system. I think the case can be made for forcing publicly funded universities to allow concealed carry long before private universities or, for that matter, private businesses.
          Men have become the tools of their tools.
          -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

I'm for carrying on campus. As a contract I'm on these campuses in the early morning hours and there is shady things all around for sure. Especially in Dallas County it can be a bit, hairy sometimes. Nothing too bad, but I'd feel a little better if I had options.

Never had to pull my weapon and I hope never to have to pull it.
            Originally posted by MR EDD
            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by BERNIE MOSFET View Post
              Exactly. If you don't carry at work because the company prohibits it, you make my point about schools prohibiting carrying.

Absolutely. I don't like it, but that's the nature of our legal system. I think the case can be made for forcing publicly funded universities to allow concealed carry long before private universities or, for that matter, private businesses.
              <---paid to open carry at work = problem solved
              Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                <---paid to open carry at work = problem solved
                Solid Brag.

Comment

Never had to draw my CHL.
                  Um, I don't think flashing your little ID card at them is going to do anything anyway...
                  "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
                    Solid Brag.
                    Until the paycheck arrives

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk
                    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackGT View Post
                      Um, I don't think flashing your little ID card at them is going to do anything anyway...
                      You obviously aren't familiar with carrying condition butterscotch.

Comment

You obviously aren't familiar with carrying condition butterscotch.
                        Not many are. Those that have survived such a situation don't like to talk about it.
                        Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                        HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                          Until the paycheck arrives

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk
                          Let's be honest here. Pistol whipping a disorderly person is all the payment a man needs.

Comment

Let's be honest here. Pistol whipping a disorderly person is all the payment a man needs.
                            Works great on children too
                            Originally posted by racrguy
                            What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                            Originally posted by racrguy
                            Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                              Works great on children too
                              and women. Let us not forget the women.

Comment

I was into the story until I saw the name Hans Gruber.... Dead giveaway.

Comment

Working...
                                X