Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CHL holders- story where you have pulled/used your weapon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CHL holders- story where you have pulled/used your weapon?

And also your opinion about guns on college campuses. I'm writing a social commentary for english so I need some stories and viewpoints.

Thanks!
    2012 GT500

hey bro... check texaschlforum.com and defensivecarry.com. might help you a lot.

god bless.
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Not telling. If you pull iron, clear leather, or however you want to describe it you keep it to yourself unless you reported it as required by the State.

Doing the same but without a CHL is not necessarily against the law and as far as I know not required to be reported. BUT your thread is addressing CHL holders.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk
      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
        Not telling. If you pull iron, clear leather, or however you want to describe it you keep it to yourself unless you reported it as required by the State.

Doing the same but without a CHL is not necessarily against the law and as far as I know not required to be reported. BUT your thread is addressing CHL holders.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk
        What's your stance on guns on college campuses?
        2012 GT500

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
          hey bro... check texaschlforum.com and defensivecarry.com. might help you a lot.

god bless.
          Thanks man!
          2012 GT500

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
            Not telling. If you pull iron, clear leather, or however you want to describe it...
            I prefer "Skin that smoke wagon."

Comment

I'm a detective with the New York City Police Department. I arrived in Los Angeles to attend a Christmas reunion and reconciliation with my estranged wife Holly, who was attending a party thrown by her employer, the Nakatomi Corporation at its still-unfinished American branch office headquarters, the high-rise Nakatomi Plaza. When I refreshed myself from the flight in Holly's corporate room, we had an argument over the use of her maiden name, Gennero, but Holly was called away.

As the party continued, a group of terrorists led by Hans Gruber seized the building and held the partygoers as hostages in exchange for terrorist operatives in prison. In the confusion, I was able to disappear unnoticed into the building's maintenance areas and learned that Gruber is actually using the hostage situation as a cover to steal $640 million in bearer bonds stored in the building's vault. I was unable to stop Gruber from executing Joe Takagi, Holly's boss, when he refused to hand over the vault's combination.

I attempted to alert the local police by setting off the fire alarm, and Gruber's men came after me. I killed them, securing one of their radios, a quantity of C4 explosives and all the crucial detonators which one of Gruber's men was setting into prepared explosives. Gruber and his men listened over the radio as I contacted the Los Angeles Police Department. Officer Al Powell arrived to check the building, found nothing amiss and drove off, but I got his attention by dropping one of the corpses onto Powell's patrol vehicle. The situation rapidly escalated and the SWAT team arrived to storm the building. I attempted to get Powell to stop the SWAT team from walking into a trap but Powell couldn't convince his superiors. The SWAT team was repelled the SWAT armoured vehicle was disabled by a rocket launcher, and the police were out-gunned by the firepower of the terrorists. I dropped the C4 down the elevator shaft and destroyed the entire floor where the terrorists were firing from.

As the remainder of Gruber's men attempted to find me and the detonators, one of the hostages betrayed my identity to Gruber. Gruber used the radio to contact me, and demanded that I return the detonators or else he would shoot one of the hostages. I refused and Gruber killed the man who had sold out my identity, to the horror of the police force who heard everything on radio. I continued to keep moving through the building to try to learn Gruber's plans. Me and Gruber accidentally meet but Gruber gained my trust by passing himself off as an escaped hostage. But then Gruber's identity was discovered as he threatened to shoot me. When Gruber's men arrived I fled, dropping the detonators. The FBI arrived and took control of the situation. They shut off the building's power while they planned a helicopter raid onto the roof. However, Gruber had planned for the FBI's predictability -disconnecting the power opened the final electromagnetic lock on the vault and gave him access to the bonds. He used the recovered detonators to rig the helipad on the building's roof with explosives, knowing the FBI would attempt a sneak gunship attack on the building. After the FBI informed Gruber that his demands had been met, Gruber's men forced the hostages to the roof to be killed by the explosions, so they could escape in the confusion. I was able to get them back inside safely, but the FBI helicopter shot at me, believing I was one of the terrorists. The helipad exploded, the helicopter was destroyed and the two head FBI agents were killed in the explosion.

Gruber discovered from an over-eager reporter's investigative newscast that Holly Gennero was my wife. He held her hostage to prevent me from interfering in his getaway. I was down to my last two bullets, but I was able to lull Gruber into a trap, killing the last remaining terrorist and wounding Gruber, who fell backwards and out of the building through a window. Gruber managed to hang onto Holly's wristwatch, his weight dragging her out the window as well. I was able to unstrap the watch and let Gruber fall to his death. Meanwhile, Theo, Gruber's technological assistant, was detained by my limo driver, Argyle, after collecting the bonds. Me and Holly left the building together, and met Officer Powell face to face for the first time. Powell had previously confessed to me that he had not fired a gun since he accidentally shot a child years ago. One of the terrorists came out behind me and Holly with a gun, but Powell drew and shot him before he could harm me and Holly. When the overzealous reporter attempted to interview us as we were leaving the scene, Holly punched him in the face. We took off in Argyle's limo as the building was secured by the police.

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                I prefer "Skin that smoke wagon."
                Yep, good movie, I need to watch again.

I've never drawn, but I have given my CHL instead of a DL, to a cop that never seemed to have a sense of humor before that. Thank goodness he did not take it as a threat. I was unarmed, as I was heading to school, and at that time, carrying on cap us was illegal.
                sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                86 SVO - Sold
                '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
                  And also your opinion about guns on college campuses. I'm writing a social commentary for english so I need some stories and viewpoints.

Thanks!
                  As far as guns on campuses - one of the things that I think is often overlooked is that a large amount of people on a college campus are under 21. If they did allow CHL holders to carry (in Texas for instance) it is not like every person in the school would be allowed to carry a gun. Only a portion of the student population is 21, and only a portion of that group posses Concealed Handgun Licenses.

Allowing CHL holders to carry in a school would not diminish the punishment a person would receive for committing a crime with a weapon. A criminal would be punished based upon current laws relating to those subjects whether they are licensed or not. Even for a license holder, as soon as they cross the line to committing a crime they would be prosecuted just like anybody would right now.

Also, Allowing Campus carry would not diminish the punishment of a non-license holder who may carry on campus, it would still be equally illegal for them to carry in a school after the law is in place as it is for everybody to carry in a school right now.

In general (since We aren't talking about a specific bill) the law would simply allow CHL holders to carry on a campus as long as they are not committing a crime.

I'm for carrying on campus if that isn't clear.
                  "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
                  -Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Another source for ya:
                    "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by slow06 View Post
                      As far as guns on campuses - one of the things that I think is often overlooked is that a large amount of people on a college campus are under 21. If they did allow CHL holders to carry (in Texas for instance) it is not like every person in the school would be allowed to carry a gun. Only a portion of the student population is 21, and only a portion of that group posses Concealed Handgun Licenses.

Allowing CHL holders to carry in a school would not diminish the punishment a person would receive for committing a crime with a weapon. A criminal would be punished based upon current laws relating to those subjects whether they are licensed or not. Even for a license holder, as soon as they cross the line to committing a crime they would be prosecuted just like anybody would right now.

Also, Allowing Campus carry would not diminish the punishment of a non-license holder who may carry on campus, it would still be equally illegal for them to carry in a school after the law is in place as it is for everybody to carry in a school right now.

In general (since We aren't talking about a specific bill) the law would simply allow CHL holders to carry on a campus as long as they are not committing a crime.

I'm for carrying on campus if that isn't clear.
                      Another overlooked aspect is that even if concealed carrying on campus is legalized, universities still have the ability to expel students based on university weapon prohibition policies. There should be language in the legislation that prevents public universities from disciplining someone who is legally carrying a handgun on campus or inside campus premises. Otherwise, students who are 21 and getting into their junior or senior years of school stand to lose a lot of vested time and effort in their academics if they are forced to out themselves as CHL holders carrying on campus (self-defense, declaration to campus police). The end result is students might not be willing to risk their education, and not carry.
                      Men have become the tools of their tools.
                      -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by Shorty View Post
                        I'm a detective with the New York City Police Department. I arrived in Los Angeles to attend a Christmas reunion...
                        Greatness! I thought Die Hard as soon as I got here, after thinking, "I didn't know he was a NYPD detective..."
                        Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                        HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by BERNIE MOSFET View Post
                          Another overlooked aspect is that even if concealed carrying on campus is legalized, universities still have the ability to expel students based on university weapon prohibition policies. There should be language in the legislation that prevents public universities from disciplining someone who is legally carrying a handgun on campus or inside campus premises. Otherwise, students who are 21 and getting into their junior or senior years of school stand to lose a lot of vested time and effort in their academics if they are forced to out themselves as CHL holders carrying on campus (self-defense, declaration to campus police). The end result is students might not be willing to risk their education, and not carry.
                          The same is true for the workplace though. I can legally carry my gun at work, but they can fire me if its against company policy.

Comment

lol @ this thread.
                            Photobucket

Comment

Originally posted by Shorty View Post
                              I'm a detective with the New York City Police Department. I arrived in Los Angeles to attend a Christmas reunion and reconciliation with my estranged wife Holly, who was attending a party thrown by her employer, the Nakatomi Corporation at its still-unfinished American branch office headquarters, the high-rise Nakatomi Plaza. When I refreshed myself from the flight in Holly's corporate room, we had an argument over the use of her maiden name, Gennero, but Holly was called away.

As the party continued, a group of terrorists led by Hans Gruber seized the building and held the partygoers as hostages in exchange for terrorist operatives in prison. In the confusion, I was able to disappear unnoticed into the building's maintenance areas and learned that Gruber is actually using the hostage situation as a cover to steal $640 million in bearer bonds stored in the building's vault. I was unable to stop Gruber from executing Joe Takagi, Holly's boss, when he refused to hand over the vault's combination.

I attempted to alert the local police by setting off the fire alarm, and Gruber's men came after me. I killed them, securing one of their radios, a quantity of C4 explosives and all the crucial detonators which one of Gruber's men was setting into prepared explosives. Gruber and his men listened over the radio as I contacted the Los Angeles Police Department. Officer Al Powell arrived to check the building, found nothing amiss and drove off, but I got his attention by dropping one of the corpses onto Powell's patrol vehicle. The situation rapidly escalated and the SWAT team arrived to storm the building. I attempted to get Powell to stop the SWAT team from walking into a trap but Powell couldn't convince his superiors. The SWAT team was repelled the SWAT armoured vehicle was disabled by a rocket launcher, and the police were out-gunned by the firepower of the terrorists. I dropped the C4 down the elevator shaft and destroyed the entire floor where the terrorists were firing from.

As the remainder of Gruber's men attempted to find me and the detonators, one of the hostages betrayed my identity to Gruber. Gruber used the radio to contact me, and demanded that I return the detonators or else he would shoot one of the hostages. I refused and Gruber killed the man who had sold out my identity, to the horror of the police force who heard everything on radio. I continued to keep moving through the building to try to learn Gruber's plans. Me and Gruber accidentally meet but Gruber gained my trust by passing himself off as an escaped hostage. But then Gruber's identity was discovered as he threatened to shoot me. When Gruber's men arrived I fled, dropping the detonators. The FBI arrived and took control of the situation. They shut off the building's power while they planned a helicopter raid onto the roof. However, Gruber had planned for the FBI's predictability -disconnecting the power opened the final electromagnetic lock on the vault and gave him access to the bonds. He used the recovered detonators to rig the helipad on the building's roof with explosives, knowing the FBI would attempt a sneak gunship attack on the building. After the FBI informed Gruber that his demands had been met, Gruber's men forced the hostages to the roof to be killed by the explosions, so they could escape in the confusion. I was able to get them back inside safely, but the FBI helicopter shot at me, believing I was one of the terrorists. The helipad exploded, the helicopter was destroyed and the two head FBI agents were killed in the explosion.

Gruber discovered from an over-eager reporter's investigative newscast that Holly Gennero was my wife. He held her hostage to prevent me from interfering in his getaway. I was down to my last two bullets, but I was able to lull Gruber into a trap, killing the last remaining terrorist and wounding Gruber, who fell backwards and out of the building through a window. Gruber managed to hang onto Holly's wristwatch, his weight dragging her out the window as well. I was able to unstrap the watch and let Gruber fall to his death. Meanwhile, Theo, Gruber's technological assistant, was detained by my limo driver, Argyle, after collecting the bonds. Me and Holly left the building together, and met Officer Powell face to face for the first time. Powell had previously confessed to me that he had not fired a gun since he accidentally shot a child years ago. One of the terrorists came out behind me and Holly with a gun, but Powell drew and shot him before he could harm me and Holly. When the overzealous reporter attempted to interview us as we were leaving the scene, Holly punched him in the face. We took off in Argyle's limo as the building was secured by the police.
                              While I was reading this, I was like wtf this should be a movie.

/bravo

Comment

Working...
                              X