X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Bowl Snipers

Some cool shots and equipment!

This Looks Like A Fortified Sniper’s Nest At The Super Bowl
    Some photos with no backstory are making the rounds, showing what appears to be an Indianapolis police sniper checking out his post in the rafters of Lucas Oil Stadium in the hours or days before the Super Bowl, a post that would be manned when the game began. Yes, we know there's nothing surprising about trained marksmen working the biggest sporting event of the year. We also know it's pretty damn cool to see what the Super Bowl snipers are working with.

It's standard operating procedure to have an invisible law enforcement presence at any high-profile event, let alone one with the attendance and attention the Super Bowl receives. And remember, there are all kinds of politicians and other assorted rich people around. You never know what could happen, though the imagination conjures up increasingly insane and horrifying scenarios, and also the criminally underrated Black Sunday. It's just never a bad idea to have a sniper rifle around.

It's no secret that the Super Bowl is staffed by sharpshooters. "We've got a lot of places for snipers in here," Jerry Jones enthused to CNN about Cowboys Stadium before last year's Super Bowl. In 2009, Ashton Kutcher noticed (and filmed) a pair of them across the street.

We're actively trying to figure out where these photos came from and for what purpose they were taken. They've started to circulate on Facebook, and we found them posted on a 4chan board, though it's impossible to tell where they originated. But the details are right: the IMPD patch, the end zone design, the giant Roman numerals on the glass of Lucas Oil Stadium. So we're labeling them "plausible" and will update when we can trace them back a little further.
    Sauce: http://deadspin.com/5883203/this-loo...the-super-bowl
    Tera 4:1 + 4.88's = Slowest rig on here
    Baja-Bob.com

Thats nuts. But some sweet pics for sure.
    99 Mustang Project JSTA2V
    going from really slow to just alittle slow

2013 Focus ST the daily cruising the 4 banger

Comment

nice pics...
      04 GT
      91 LX

Comment

Someone is pissed that now they have to come up another plan for big events in that stadium seeing as everyone knows the snipers are up in the rafters.

edit: Cool pics for sure though. Imagine having to watch the people instead of the game...soo hard
        Originally posted by Sean88gt
        You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
        Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
        You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtracer View Post
          edit: Cool pics for sure though. Imagine having to watch the people instead of the game...soo hard
          Not really, they will find someone like DOHCTR to shoot people.

Comment

The pussys gun haters of America must be pissed off that their point was yet again proven wrong. Sniper rifles being pointed at people all day long and not a single person died as a result.
            Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Cool photos.
              "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                The pussys gun haters of America must be pissed off that their point was yet again proven wrong. Sniper rifles being pointed at people all day long and not a single person died as a result.
                There are sharpshooters at every football game at the Cowboys stadium, and probably every game in America.

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
                  There are sharpshooters at every football game at the Cowboys stadium, and probably every game in America.
                  Understood.

Comment

Ya...but see...those are "professionals", not right-wing, wacko, anti-government nut jobs from backwoods America who don't know how to handle firearms in a safe manner.
                    "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

I have no problem with them being there, I just have a problem that they have to be there these days.
                      Originally posted by MR EDD
                      U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
                        Ya...but see...those are "professionals", not right-wing, wacko, anti-government nut jobs from backwoods America who don't know how to handle firearms in a safe manner.
                        I wish I had the video "I am the only one in this room trained to handle dis Glock forty (BOOOOOOOM)..." to insert here. lol

Comment

I am not up to date on modern rifles but that looks like a longer bullet magazine than you would find on a .223, maybe .308? I would think the .308 would penetrate too much in a crowd and the distance is not that far when you consider the angle.

Comment

Originally posted by no4njnk View Post
                            I am not up to date on modern rifles but that looks like a longer bullet magazine than you would find on a .223, maybe .308? I would think the .308 would penetrate too much in a crowd and the distance is not that far when you consider the angle.
                            At that angle, the only thing the bullet is hitting next is the ground.
                            "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

I wish I had the video "I am the only one in this room trained to handle dis Glock forty (BOOOOOOOM)..." to insert here. lol
                              LMAO... he took it like a champ though...I have to give him that!

Comment

Working...
                              X