Traded for M&P 15-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bottlerocket View Post
    Sounds fun too. I really enjoy just shooting mine offhand and doing some plinking. Bolt action really doesn't promote things like that

Apples to oranges... $0.29 per round for .17 isn't nearly as cost effective as .22LR. Might as well get an AR and start reloading at that price...
    The savage mark ii (22lr) share similar accuracy.

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
      The savage mark ii (22lr) share similar accuracy.
      To the 93? Thats pretty impressive. I thought the .17 was supposed to have a significant advantage over 22LR.

Comment

To the 93? Thats pretty impressive. I thought the .17 was supposed to have a significant advantage over 22LR.
        It obviously has more energy, and inherent accuracy due to much better quality ammunition and decent bullets (not lead).

The savage Mark II and the Model 93 are the LR / Magnum versions of the same rifle.

The .3" group I posted a while back was shot with a bone stock Savage Mark II BVXP and bulk ammunition.

Don't want a $1000 .5 MOA .22? Don't expect a semi auto.

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
          It obviously has more energy, and inherent accuracy due to much better quality ammunition and decent bullets (not lead).
          The 17 or 22?

The 17 is a shitload more accurate, but the 22 has almost 3 times the energy.

I bought my .17 for hunting. I bought my 10/22 for cheap plinking.

Comment

Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
            The 17 or 22?

The 17 is a shitload more accurate, but the 22 has almost 3 times the energy.

I bought my .17 for hunting. I bought my 10/22 for cheap plinking.
            .17HMR (Model 93, also available in .22 wmr) vs .22lr (mark ii)

Comment

I never research 17 hmr before yesterday. Bad ass little round.
              Originally posted by MR EDD
              U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Sounds fun too. I really enjoy just shooting mine offhand and doing some plinking. Bolt action really doesn't promote things like that
                True. I have a 60 year old Remington 550 for that and it shoots better than my 10/22 did.
                Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
                Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

You crazy man. I love my 10/22... if i wanted to shoot an AR platform 22 i would be shooting my AR in 5.56.... its also a .22 caliber
                  First hand witness at the failure of public healthcare.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Fiux View Post
                    You crazy man. I love my 10/22... if i wanted to shoot an AR platform 22 i would be shooting my AR in 5.56.... its also a .22 caliber
                    Yes, except you can't shoot your AR for 2-3 cents a round.
                    Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
                    Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Originally posted by Trick Pony View Post
                      Yes, except you can't shoot your AR for 2-3 cents a round.
                      Meh, I can get close.
                      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                        Meh, I can get close.
                        Shit, how? You casting your own .22 bullets and jacketing them with spent .22LR brass?

Comment

Shit, how? You casting your own .22 bullets and jacketing them with spent .22LR brass?
                          I can get to about 11 cents a round.
                          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Working...
                          X