Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slings - opinions

so I was thinking of getting a single point sling
    never really tried one much , so I'm curious to hear some other opinions first before I decide on buying an ambi plate or just going with a traditional two point sling.

for an ar-10 would i just need a normal ar-15 ambi plate + single point sling? (suggestions on brands/features welcome)

Originally posted by futant View Post
    so I was thinking of getting a single point sling
    never really tried one much , so I'm curious to hear some other opinions first before I decide on buying an ambi plate or just going with a traditional two point sling.

for an ar-10 would i just need a normal ar-15 ambi plate + single point sling? (suggestions on brands/features welcome)
    single slings are the bomb. It's the only kind I'll use when I'm hunting. Just make SURE you get a stretchy sling. If it's entirely rigid it will beat the hell out of your back if you're walking for miles on end. The spring style REALLY lighten the load and allow you to walk further.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I have a blackhawk single point and like it. Especially when hiking through the thick mesquite hog hunting...
      "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Single points are great. The best I have found is Urban ERT-

They are very elastic, allowing the gun to bounce up and down quite bit. They also have a clip you can put on your belt that you can clip the gun onto to prevent it from moving at all, which is a great feature.

Video demonstration-

Originally posted by lincolnboy
        After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

I was thinking the same thing. What's the best ambi-plate to get? Just with a receiver for a snap swivel or with loops and snap swivel? And brand?
          "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
            I was thinking the same thing. What's the best ambi-plate to get? Just with a receiver for a snap swivel or with loops and snap swivel? And brand?
            I really like the magpul ambi adapter. the reason being is you can spin your rifle to lay on your chest either direction, especially good for when you're driving.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
              I really like the magpul ambi adapter. the reason being is you can spin your rifle to lay on your chest either direction, especially good for when you're driving.
              This one?

If so I had one one time and I hated it, not to mention the little bastard was hard as fuck to install (you have to slip in this cheesedick little tab between the buffer tube and the plate).

Oh, and for putting in your vehicle you might like this-

They call it a "seat sling".
              Originally posted by lincolnboy
              After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackGT View Post
                I have a blackhawk single point and like it. Especially when hiking through the thick mesquite hog hunting...
                thats what I have and I love it

Comment

+1 on the single point. There are endless debates on gun forums between single and two point ones but almost all of those who shoot carbine matches and two gun matches run a single point sling.
                  Last edited by Leah; Yesterday at 10:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                    This one?

If so I had one one time and I hated it, not to mention the little bastard was hard as fuck to install (you have to slip in this cheesedick little tab between the buffer tube and the plate). I've shot a pig from my drivers seat which was under my jeep.

Oh, and for putting in your vehicle you might like this-

They call it a "seat sling".
                    Well, that wouldn't work for me because I always have someone next to me, and the trails are really rough and my jeep gets banged around. I put my windshield down so I can shoot rabbits, etc. so I like having the gun on me.
                    Last edited by CJ; 02-03-2012, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackGT View Post
                      Originally posted by onemeangixxer7502 View Post
                      thats what I have and I love it
                      This?

And buy this with it?

Comment

if you're not dead set on a single point, then I highly recommend Kyle Lamb's VTAC sling... go watch the instructional VIDEO on his website on how set up and use it

Comment

I have a magpul ms2. But I like my cheap speedy 2 point from CTD wayyyyyy better.
                          sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                          🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                            This one?

If so I had one one time and I hated it, not to mention the little bastard was hard as fuck to install (you have to slip in this cheesedick little tab between the buffer tube and the plate).
                            I found this that ppl on AR15.com seem to like better. A SLAP (vs Magpuls ASAP pictured above):

This Noveske QD End Plate seems good as well. Being able to use a QD swivel:

Originally posted by hrt4me View Post
                            if you're not dead set on a single point, then I highly recommend Kyle Lamb's VTAC sling... go watch the instructional VIDEO on his website on how set up and use it
                            I'm digging this one. Might have to get it or it's padded cousin. Worth a try. If don't like, I might go with the SLAP or QD plate and get a single point.
                            Last edited by GhostTX; 02-05-2012, 12:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hrt4me View Post
                              Another vote for the VTac sling here. I never did really care for single point slings.
                              I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Working...
                              X