Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

probably a dumb CHL paperwork question...but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• probably a dumb CHL paperwork question...but...

Finally got around to getting all my paperwork, pics, fingerprinting in order...but I got a question.

On the DPS website when you choose which rate you will be charged for the permit (indigent, active duty military, senior, veteran)...it states that you must submit a color photocopy of your drivers license or ID card with all the other stuff.
    At the end when you get your receipt and checklist with the barcode at the top...it says nothing in the checklist about a color copy of your drivers license or ID. SO...should I send a color copy of my license anyway along with the passport photos..or should I assume DPS has my pic anyway and just go by the final checklist? I just dont want any issues to deal with knowing how anal they are about everything being perfect.

I'd probably send a color copy so there are no delays with your paperwork. Wouldn't hurt.

Comment

Rather have it and not need it type situation I think, play it safe
      Originally posted by Sean88gt
      You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
      Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
      You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

I have had the absolute best customer service whither the gals who work the CHL for Texas. I would call them and ask.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk
        Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

I sent my paperwork in mid December 2011 and just checked it. No license copy was sent in, but I am just a regular civilian. Got it in the mail last week.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
            I have had the absolute best customer service whither the gals who work the CHL for Texas. I would call them and ask.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk
            Seconded. They are remarkably helpful for a government operation.

I don't think the wait time is as bad as it was, but no sense in not sending it if you don't want to call.

Waiting for the license to come back is as close as you'll ever get being an adult to reliving Christmas eve as a 5 year old.
            Men have become the tools of their tools.
            -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by BERNIE MOSFET View Post
              Seconded. They are remarkably helpful for a government operation.

I don't think the wait time is as bad as it was, but no sense in not sending it if you don't want to call.

Waiting for the license to come back is as close as you'll ever get being an adult to reliving Christmas eve as a 5 year old.
              I just took another look at the page I saved and realized there was a double asterik beside the DL sentence that stated it was only for people with out of state drivers licenses so I think I'm good.

Comment

anyone know what the turn times are right now? Wife is sending in her packet this week, was told by CHL instructor they were getting them in 2 weeks.....doesn't sound right to me. Mine took 6 weeks.

Comment

Sent my packet in on Dec. 19th they began processing it Dec. 30th and the status online changed to printing on Friday. I should be getting it this week sometime.

Comment

I sent mine in last Friday...I'm hoping to have it maybe by mid April?

Comment

im @ about 40 days but ive had a class B misdemeanor (weed) and a PI about 7 years back. They are still doing a background check. Its lasted about 30 days now.. My girl got hers in 3 weeks with a flawless record.
                      sigpic

Comment

Dropped mine off in the mail this morning. Going legit.

Hopefully I crossed all my T's dotted my I's.
                        IMG_0424

Comment

Working...
                        X