Pepper spray against a dog?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pepper spray against a dog?

Girlfriend was almost attacked by a dog while walking her dog outside of her apartment and she was looking for something to protect herself with. Any thoughts and recommendations for a pepper spray?

Works on bears why not dogs. Only thing to keep in mind is that she might be affected too being in the same general area.
    "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Originally posted by dee View Post
      Works on bears why not dogs. Only thing to keep in mind is that she might be affected too being in the same general area.
      he can just have her wear goggles and miniature goggles for her dog

Comment

Yeah pepper spray works well. Pepper foam works well if you're worried about it getting in her eyes. It shoots out kind of like silly string.

Comment

Cold steel makes a plastic whip that draws no attention to yourself when you carry it in the open and it will seriously fuck up a dog. I have been hit by one and it feels like you are being set on fire. They are easy to use and you can get them on Ebay for $25.

Swords, Axes, Machetes and The Coolest Knives For Sale From The Leader in Tactical Weapons and Gear
          Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
            Cold steel makes a plastic whip that draws no attention to yourself when you carry it in the open and it will seriously fuck up a dog. I have been hit by one and it feels like you are being set on fire. They are easy to use and you can get them on Ebay for $25.

http://www.coldsteel.com/sjambok.html
            Yeah, get that, she'll love it! Hahahaha

Comment

that fat guy is hilarious
              Tera 4:1 + 4.88's = Slowest rig on here
              Baja-Bob.com

Comment

As effective as those are, are you going to bet that she could effectively wield it while Cujo is trying to make a snack out of FiFi?

Pepper spray is the way to go.

Comment

the retards in all of those cold steel videos fucking crack me up!

Comment

Originally posted by Pro88LX View Post
                    the retards in all of those cold steel videos fucking crack me up!
                    One of those retards is the HRIC, Lynn Thompson. He's a master at stealing designs and slashing a side of beef hanging from the ceiling.

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
                      One of those retards is the HRIC, Lynn Thompson. He's a master at stealing designs and slashing a side of beef hanging from the ceiling.
                      i think i have the machete from that video LMAO

think that whip is cali legal? lol

Comment

Not a fan of pepper spray unless its a a fogger type that doesnt require much accuracy.

If youve been charged by a dog, it happens fast and you may not be able to get it on target.

Plus, if irs going after your dog, grats, you maced your dogbas well (and likely yourself)

From personal experiance, get a stun baton..

Dog attacking yours? Stab and click. No matter how pissed that dog is, electricity will take itbdown or scare it off. Even the crackle of it will scare the shit out of most dogs before it even gets to that point. With 12-18 in of distance you dont even have to get that close either

Comment

All of these things just seem huge and ridiculous for carrying around...

except a .45.

just saying.
                          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Cold steel makes a plastic whip
                            are you fuckin serious? first she has to get close enough to hit the damn dog and you know she would probably miss out of fear and screaming! lol...

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
                              are you fuckin serious? first she has to get close enough to hit the damn dog and you know she would probably miss out of fear and screaming! lol...
                              Yes I am serious. I have to deal with mean dogs on a near daily basis and the sjambok is the only thing that works every time all of the time. I used to have a stun baton but it got crunched by a big pit bull biting it; it was on when he did it and it didn't slow him down. Today the same dog will not even come near me after taking a whip to his ass.

I have to agree that the guys in the cold steel videos are dorks but they still make a decent product for the price.
                              Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Working...
                              X