No announcement yet.

2012 DFWMustangs.net AR-15 lower group buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I might have trashed my reciept the other day. Figured everything was good to go.

Hell cash mine, take $20 for you're trouble and send me the difference.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigshoe View Post
      I think I might have trashed my reciept the other day. Figured everything was good to go.

x2

Hey bigshoe, I sent you a PM.

Comment

• Can't you endorse a money order to someone just like a regular check, ie write 'Pay to the order of xxxx' and sign on the back of it?
        Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
        Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

• I contacted Gary at Surplus a week ago to purchase $5000 in AR parts. I had gotten a quote from him 3 weeks earlier via email. When I contacted him to place the order he said that they were not selling any AR parts at the moment. I tried to get it out of him why, but it appeared it may have been because of this group buy that had them busy. He kept giving me the run around, and said that they can not sell anything but wholesale. THIS WAS WHAT I WAS QUOTED FOR! I told him yes, that is what I want, what do I need to do to make it happen. Been a week, no response, no call back.
          FUCK SURPLUS AMMO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
            I contacted Gary at Surplus a week ago to purchase $5000 in AR parts. I had gotten a quote from him 3 weeks earlier via email. When I contacted him to place the order he said that they were not selling any AR parts at the moment. I tried to get it out of him why, but it appeared it may have been because of this group buy that had them busy. He kept giving me the run around, and said that they can not sell anything but wholesale. THIS WAS WHAT I WAS QUOTED FOR! I told him yes, that is what I want, what do I need to do to make it happen. Been a week, no response, no call back.
            FUCK SURPLUS AMMO!!!
            That's usually how contact with SA&A goes from my experience.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by bigshoe View Post
              I think I might have trashed my reciept the other day. Figured everything was good to go.

+1
              Jon

Comment

• I'm not afraid to tell them how I really feel. Who is the contact that originally set the prices?

Comment

• Thank god I am an idiot that was confused with who the payee was and left my MO blank.

Comment

• Well, this sucks. I've noticed that several companies (Palmetto State Armory is one) have been jacking up their prices over the past few months but still don't see why they wouldn't honor the quote. In my case, I only bought 1 lower but to get the rest of the stuff I want, I could have spent another $600 with them.

At least I found my MO receipt

Comment

• Everyone should let them know about the initial loss of 100 customers on the front end and then the loss of the sales that they were going to get on the back end.

I wonder if there is not more to the story on their end then what they are telling CJ and Jeff. Maybe outstanding balances that can not be resolved with their suppliers.
                      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                        Everyone should let them know about the initial loss of 100 customers on the front end and then the loss of the sales that they were going to get on the back end.

I wonder if there is not more to the story on their end then what they are telling CJ and Jeff. Maybe outstanding balances that can not be resolved with their suppliers.
                        I sent a email earlier.

I just placed a order for 2 lowers w/ Palmetto instead. It's only $40 more and they won't screw me.
                        You remember the stories John use to tell us about the the three chinamen playing Fantan? This guy runs up to them and says, "Hey, the world's coming to an end!" and the first one says, "Well, I best go to the mission and pray," and the second one says, "Well, hell, I'm gonna go and buy me a case of Mezcal and six whores," and the third one says "Well, I'm gonna finish the game." I shall finish the game, Doc.

Comment

• Originally posted by DieselSmoke View Post
                          I sent a email earlier.

I just placed a order for 2 lowers w/ Palmetto instead. It's only $40 more and they won't screw me.
                          It is the kiss you give for the fucking we got. Take your business elsewhere and spread the word.

I have not been on AR15.com in forever. I wonder if there is more insight there regarding similar shenanigans.
                          Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• I was not able to get in on this group buy but I still wrote them an email voicing my concerns on how they are choosing to conduct their business, I have been buying my parts / uppers from them.

I basically told them after the election hype dies down and the world not ending when they are struggling next year - remember all the business they lost because of their actions.

Comment

• This is the part whete CJ rides off in the sunset

Sent from my SGSII

Comment

• Originally posted by TeeShock View Post
                                This is the part whete CJ rides off in the sunset

Sent from my SGSII
                                probably not the best group to commit grand larceny on.
                                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Working...
                                X