Metal Ammo Boxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metal Ammo Boxes

Used to search for these on craigslist and see them for around 5 dollars a piece. Anyone local sell them?

Seems like all the usual places are selling the plastic ones and that does not feel neckbeard enough for me.
    Originally posted by MR EDD
    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

I dont know of any retail stores that carry them but I see them for sale at gun shows.

Comment

Local:
      Army Navy store?

Web:
      Wideners has 50 cal and 40mm ammo cans in stock...
      Widener's Reloading and Shooting Supply has ammo and reloading supplies for sale at cheap prices. Find out why we're the best deal on the web today!

Army Surplus has a good assortment...
      "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Omaha's Surplus
        2413 White Settlement Rd, Fort Worth, TX 76107

They usually have a bunch here.

Comment

The army navy store on valwood has them.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanner27 View Post
            Omaha's Surplus

I was about to comment on this. They also have the new plastic ammo boxes as well.
            First hand witness at the failure of public healthcare.

Comment

I saw a whole pallet stacked at Bass Pro....granted this was several months ago so i don't know if they normally keep them in stock or what. They even looked old so I don't know if they were made that way or if they were truly old ammo boxes.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanner27 View Post
                Omaha's Surplus

go to omaha, and buy the rusted shitty ones there. Me and Fiux picked up some for $3 a piece and hit them with the wire wheel and refinished them.
                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                  Used to search for these on craigslist and see them for around 5 dollars a piece. Anyone local sell them?

Seems like all the usual places are selling the plastic ones and that does not feel neckbeard enough for me.
                  Grandpa's Footlocker in Sherman.
                  "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Thanks for all the feedback! I may try the grandpa's footlocker, just for something new and since it is close.

I really thought the McKinney CTD would have them and nothing. They did have those 20 dollar cases that I bought a couple...for the cost can't go wrong.

Again, thanks for all the suggestions. Going to check out the online ones too. Although, so far, I found some for 5-6 dollars a piece but then shipping was like 7 dollars each.

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                      go to omaha, and buy the rusted shitty ones there. Me and Fiux picked up some for $3 a piece and hit them with the wire wheel and refinished them.
                      to save $4?

Comment

There was a vendor selling these at Canton.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                          I really thought the McKinney CTD would have them and nothing. They did have those 20 dollar cases that I bought a couple...for the cost can't go wrong.
                          Are you sure you were looking in the right spot? I've bought some there before and they still had a bunch when I was there a few weeks ago.
                          Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
                          Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Originally posted by Trick Pony View Post
                            Are you sure you were looking in the right spot? I've bought some there before and they still had a bunch when I was there a few weeks ago.
                            I did not specifically ask, but I was up there just last week and saw none. Just the plastic ones and I walked the store twice. Where did you see them at in the store?

Comment

Originally posted by EW View Post
                              to save $4?
                              When you buy 10 it's $40, or another 13 ammo cans.
                              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Working...
                              X