So looks like M24's will be up for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So looks like M24's will be up for sale

Starting this month, Remington is going to be releasing M24 rebuilds for sale now that the XM2010 is replacing it in the Army's arsenal. So anyone active or retired looks like they have a good shot at getting one, oh and having about $3500 in the bank won't hurt your chances either

By David Crane defrev (at) gmail (dot) com January 5, 2012 Last updated on 1/07/12.? DefenseReview (DR) has received the following article-format history on the Remington M24 Sniper Weapon System sniper rifle, the XM2010 sniper rifle program, and the Remington M24 Commercial Recapitalization/25th Anniversary Sales Program to Honor Military Veterans. It's DR's understanding that the document/content below was composed by Trevor Shaw, Director of Defense Programs at Remington Military. It's a good read and, in Defense Review's opinion, the M24 rebuild/recapitalization program is a pretty darn good idea. Remington Arms is of course, at its core, a bolt-action rifle company, so this program will play to that core strength. DR thinks its great that the M24 rifle rebuild program will give purchasers the opportunity to own a piece of military history that also happens to be a great firearm. And, the M24 he/she gets will maintain the original camouflage pattern or …

In. This would go good with all the other "sniper" rifles.

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
      In. This would go good with all the other "sniper" rifles.
      Unless you graduated sniper school or are active/reserves I wouldn't get your hopes up. Rumors place the number available at ~2,000.

Comment

Originally posted by bottlerocket View Post
        Unless you graduated sniper school or are active/reserves I wouldn't get your hopes up. Rumors place the number available at ~2,000.
        Then i guess i have a friend who just made himself $3600.

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
          Then i guess i have a friend who just made himself $3600.
          You mean made himself $100?

Comment

That is cool and all, but if I would rather have an M21.
            Originally posted by lincolnboy
            After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
              That is cool and all, but if I would rather have an M21.
              Me too, but I am not aware of those being for sale anywhere

Comment

Me too, but I am not aware of those being for sale anywhere

Comment

Is that the actual milspec one? I was under the impression thats the "M-21" which is just a trademarked name for Springfield, not the actual armory-built M21 of the Army

Comment

Is that the actual milspec one? I was under the impression thats the "M-21" which is just a trademarked name for Springfield, not the actual armory-built M21 of the Army
                    None of springfield's M1As have the drop forged receiver that the army ones do, but I sure would love to have one.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                      None of springfield's M1As have the drop forged receiver that the army ones do, but I sure would love to have one.
                      The m21's are old match rifles too and the news are getting sage stocks which will run you almost as much as the rifle will.
                      "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Originally posted by dee View Post
                        The m21's are old match rifles too and the news are getting sage stocks which will run you almost as much as the rifle will.
                        Oh you mean that EBR craziness? No thanks

Comment

Oh you mean that EBR craziness? No thanks
                          Yet that's the road they are taking,the Sage chasis system is very efficient.
                          "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Can't you already buy M24's?
                            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Working...
                            X