Glock Magazine dissasembly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glock Magazine dissasembly

How the fuck can a manufacturer make a pistol that works so well and is so easy to take a apart, but their magazines are fucking impossible to get the plate off of? I followed the instructions and I could not get them apart. I have a Glock 19 and I could not get the mag to compress in to let the tabs go. Finally pried it apart with a pocket knife and cut the tabs off to see how one magazine does without them. Anyone have similar experiences? I have always been in the habit of taking my mags apart about every 3rd or 4th shooting trip and cleaned them but are you just not supposed to with Glock? I think I am going to write them an complain because this is ridiculous.
    I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

I use the Glock tool inserted in the hole in the baseplate to pry it off while providing some squeeze to the mag body.

It's not a fun task, but the Glock tool makes it a little easier.
    كافر

Originally posted by sc281
    Always better to be an Uncle than a Father. All the fun stuff and none of the expensive stuff.
    Originally posted by Trick Pony
    ...from what I've seen on here bcoop knows his shit when it comes to smoking meat.

Comment

Yeah, its helpful if you have another person to help you. You have to apply alot of pressure to the top sides of the mag where the baseplate is and then have someone depress the button on the slideplate while sliding it off. It's a PIA.

Comment

??? I must be missing something here. I just grabbed 5 various glock mags and can pull them all apart in less then a minute. Are there some new gen 4 mags or something?
        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

These are all Gen 3 mags but they are new so I don't know if they have changed the design at all. I hear the older models are easier to take apart but these are a pain in the ass. I ordered the GTUL last night after watching youtube videos on it. Guess I'll try it out when it gets in and see if it is worth the $21 or not.
          http://www.mygtul.com/

Comment

This is the Glock tool I was referring to...

Lone Wolf Arms is the largest manufacturer of aftermarket parts for Glocks. We also have M&P Shield, Beretta/Taurus, and Browning Hi-Power parts.
            كافر

Originally posted by sc281
            Always better to be an Uncle than a Father. All the fun stuff and none of the expensive stuff.
            Originally posted by Trick Pony
            ...from what I've seen on here bcoop knows his shit when it comes to smoking meat.

Comment

Mine I've had no problems getting apart.

Comment

I have no problem taking any of my factory magazines apart. I have numerous models and all of them come apart just as easily.

Comment

I have never broken down a magazine to be cleaned. EVER.

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                    I have never broken down a magazine to be cleaned. EVER.
                    I was just going to say that I've had my Glock 23 since 1994 and have run many thousand of rounds through it and have never taken the mags apart to clean them.
                    Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
                    Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

I had to take mine apart on my G27 to change out the baseplate for the Pierce extensions.

Comment

no need to squeeze the magazine, just insert the 3/32" punch/tool and pry until the base pad slips free, then it slides right off (takes about 3 seconds)

Comment

Originally posted by hrt4me View Post
                          no need to squeeze the magazine, just insert the 3/32" punch/tool and pry until the base pad slips free, then it slides right off (takes about 3 seconds)
                          That's the way I've always done it as well.
                          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I completely forgot to let you guys know how that GTUL worked out. It worked perfect; like I said before all my mags are the gen4 mags that work with either side mag release. I don't know what they changed but they are a bitch to get apart compared to the ease some of you describe. Either way the Gtul worked exactly like it was supposed to and it is very much worth $21 if you had problems with the mags like I did.

Comment

Working...
                            X