TX Parks & Wildlife Considering Hunting w/Suppressors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TX Parks & Wildlife Considering Hunting w/Suppressors

Texas Parks and Wildlife Commission to Consider Rule Change to Allow Hunting with Suppressors
    At its next meeting on Wednesday, January 25, the Regulations Committee of the Texas Parks and Wildlife Commission will present proposed amendments to the 2012-2013 Statewide Hunting Proclamation. It will seek permission for them to be published in the Texas Register for public comment. These amendments include a regulatory change that would expand the use of lawfully-possessed suppressors on firearms while hunting non-nuisance species. This common sense reform will help prevent hearing loss and mitigate noise complaints against sportsmen in the Lone Star State. Importantly, reducing noise complaints will help to keep hunting opportunities open well into the future.
    Testimony will not be heard at this committee meeting on January 25, or at the full Commission meeting the following day. We will report back to you with instructions on how to weigh-in on this proposal after it has been formally submitted for public comment.

Established in 1975, the Institute for Legislative Action (ILA) is the "lobbying" arm of the National Rifle Association of America. ILA is responsible for preserving the right of all law-abiding individuals in the legislative, political, and legal arenas, to purchase, possess and use firearms for legitimate purposes as guaranteed by the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.
    "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Do I hear the sound of a new predator rig in my future? I think I do!
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
      Do I hear the sound of a new predator rig in my future? I think I do!
      You can hunt predators with a supressor now....

Comment

Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
        You can hunt predators with a supressor now....
        Then I've been doing it all wrong.
        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Will we still need the trust and stamps?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FunFordCobra View Post
            Will we still need the trust and stamps?
            Doesn't change the federal laws on supressors.

Comment

I've been keeping a close eye on this
              "A bad day hunting beats a good day at work"

Golden Oaks Lodge
              East Texas Axis and Fallow hunts
              https://www.facebook.com/GoldenOaksLodge/

Comment

This means I'll have to get a 300 win mag suppressor.
                "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Sounds good to me. Hunting hogs with suppressors is great, no hearing protection required, no ringing ears - and you don't get blinded at night by the muzzle flash.
                  "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                  "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

to me suppressors are just mufflers.
                    over regulated mufflers with some feely goody nonsense laws behind them that don't stop crime.
                    of course so are many other things...

Comment

Hello increased wait time!
                      "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
                      -Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by slow06 View Post
                        Hello increased wait time!
                        haha yeah no shit right?
                        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by futant View Post
                          to me suppressors are just mufflers.
                          No, that is exactly what they are...

Originally posted by WIKI
                          A muffler (or silencer in British English) is a device for reducing the amount of noise emitted by the exhaust of an internal combustion engine

Originally posted by WIKI
                          A suppressor, sound suppressor, sound moderator, or silencer, is a device attached to or part of the barrel of a firearm which reduces the amount of noise

Comment

Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
                            No, that is exactly what they are...
                            In europe and other countries suppressors are mandatory for hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                              In europe and other countries suppressors are mandatory for hunting.
                              It's funny since it's easier to get a suppressor than a weapon most places in Europe.
                              "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Working...
                              X