More trouble for Garland Gun Range

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
    That's a fact. I enjoy shooting there, but have personally witness a mexican dude letting his ~8 year old girl shoot an AK while he was bs'ing with someone. She had no idea where she was aiming, and it was definitely over the berm. Good parenting, Dad.
    wow , that's crazy

Comment

I just saw on the 9pm news that a group of homeowners backed with the city of Rowlett financing the lawsuit filed an injuction today to shut down the Garland Firing Range.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
        I just saw on the 9pm news that a group of homeowners backed with the city of Rowlett financing the lawsuit filed an injuction today to shut down the Garland Firing Range.
        here is link.
        Dallas news, headlines, weather, sports and traffic from KDFW FOX 4 News, serving Dallas-Fort Worth, North Texas and the state of Texas.

Comment

That lawsuit is going to be pretty damn easy to defend.

They're in Garland, bullets fly everywhere.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I'm gonna laugh my ass off if the range gets shut down and the neighborhood is still getting hit by gunfire.

"Told ya - oh, here's my lawsuit in response to lost income"

Comment

that just figures

Comment

A funny twist would be a counter lawsuit being filed against Rowlet, the housing developer(s), and builder(s) for building in an unsafe area

Comment

The newest house to have been hit is also in a straight line from the range, though it is deeper into the subdivision.

3201 FAIR OAK DR, ROWLETT.

Question: Can you guys tell about what caliber it was by the looks of it? Looks plenty big enough to make it. Over an inch long?

I'm thinking it was not the range, as it had to have been a little too late to be shooting rifles if they were having dinner. Anyone else wondering if they are being set up?
                  www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

The neighborhood getting hit is actually part of Rowlett, they should be used to stray bullets coming from Garland. With that being said if the bullets are coming from the range it is their responsibility to prevent stray bullets from leaving the facility. They need to add more range officers or video cameras to catch who is doing this.

The owner of the gun range says bullets cannot travel that far, you would think he would know more about guns.

Comment

Originally posted by mikec View Post
                      The newest house to have been hit is also in a straight line from the range, though it is deeper into the subdivision.

Question: Can you guys tell about what caliber it was by the looks of it? Looks plenty big enough to make it. Over an inch long?

I'm thinking it was not the range, as it had to have been a little too late to be shooting rifles if they were having dinner. Anyone else wondering if they are being set up?
                      Either way, IMO the range should do some due diligence. Maybe concrete footers into their berm and into the ground with a 5' wall on top.

However, I'd hate to see the range shutdown since those houses came well after it.
                      Originally posted by MR EDD
                      U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/dpp/news/inv...bullets-011712

Here is the link from last week when the houses were hit by the bullets. I just reread it and notice this in regards to the man struck by the bullet in 2010.
                        "A Rowlett police investigator determined that the round that struck Domin originated from a weapon fired from the range, but no criminal charges were ever filed because they couldn’t determine who fired the shot."

I would be interested in seeing the proof.

Comment

Originally posted by mikec View Post

The range is open to 8pm every night, so I would say that is dinner time or later. Rifle, shotgun and pistol ranges are open till then so it is possible the shot did come from the range.

Comment

I know i like just got a card there a few months ago

Comment

So my neighbor who is head of the crime watch committee volunteered me to do an interview with the Dallas morning news about this. I'll be sure to mention that Rowlett is used to bullets flying over from Garland and getting bullet traffic lights would be a good idea.

Comment

Working...
                              X