Springfield XD Slim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Springfield XD Slim

Not sure when they are planning on rolling into production as its existence was announced at SHOT....smaller than a ruger lc9

Review

So far the biggest story I have seen at SHOT Show 2012 is the XDS from Springfield Armory. It is a single stack .45ACP that holds 5 rounds in the magazine and 1 in the chamber. The barrel is 3.3 inches, and the overall length is 6.3 inches. It is only one inch thick. Empty the XDS weighs 21 ounces, and it is a striker fired pistol in the tradition of the XD and XD(M), with a polymer frame and forged steel slide. I don't know how many times we need to say that Springfield Armory is always raising the bar, but Springfield Armory is always raising the bar. Last year at SHOT Show about a half a dozen companies came out with single stack 9mm ultra-compacts. Over the past year they have all come into the market, with mixed reviews on most (our favorite was by far the Walther PPS). This year some of those guns have now been released in .40S&W, and it is common for 9mm and .40S&W to share the same frame in pistols. But when you want to make a pistol that small in a .45ACP, you have to go back to square one and make a whole new gun, and that is what Springfield Armory did.

Not sure if "official" site or not

With a huge selection of handguns and rifles, Springfield Armory is the premier manufacturer of quality firearms for concealed carry, home defense, hunting and competitive shooting.

Those dimensions are dang close to my Kahr CM9, but with one big difference. It's definitely a nice looking gun.

Comment

Damn near the same size as my 709. I like it! May have to consider this if it ever happens.

Comment

Wow thats really nice. I might have a new carry soon.
        Originally posted by Silverback
        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I may rock that instead of my LCP
          Originally posted by MR EDD
          U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

I want this.
            Half of history is hiding the past.

Comment

5rd magazine is your sacrifice.
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

<--- Will buy

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                  <--- Will buy
                  Sigh, me too I think. Fully supported chamber = .45 super.
                  Last edited by CJ; 01-17-2012, 01:45 PM.
                  "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                  "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                    Sigh, me too I think. Fully supported chamber = .45 super.
                    I like your style.

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                      5rd magazine is your sacrifice.
                      All I need is one, maybe three ...
                      Originally posted by Silverback
                      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I like it but I bet it kicks like a Mutha!
                        sigpic

Comment

When this comes out it will be added to the collection and probably replace my LC9 as my main carry gun. I love my full size xd45.

Comment

Originally posted by FunFordCobra View Post
                            I like it but I bet it kicks like a Mutha!
                            No doubt. I'm sure in due time, Springfield will come out with a +1 magazine/grip extension that would tame some of the recoil. I'm sure I'll bite the bullet and pick one up myself. It will be my first .45, that's reason enough for me.

Comment

Reminds me of my Walther PPS.
                              IMG_0424

Comment

Working...
                              X