Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok got my Nagant now questions about Mausers and SKS's...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the info guys. I plan to get a 91/30 Nagant to go with my m44. Like Roger said it's turned into a gateway drug, even though I haven't shot the thing yet!

The Mausers, well I'd like to have a German one, just because I love WWII history. I was looking at Mitchell's Mausers last night and they have them starting at $399.

The Garand, I didn't think I'd be able to find one for less than $700-1,000, so I just figured I'd have to wait longer until I could afford one. If they are in the $525-625 range, like Neighbors said, I definitely want to get one of them.

So the cheaper SKS and AK's would be ok then? I am not really looking for "collector grade" guns. I just want something that will be fun to shoot, go bang when it needs to, and something that is a cool conversation piece. Plus they can be something to pass along to my boys, they are in love with the Nagant already!
    92 LX 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by Neighbors View Post
      No kidding?! Any idea of price?

I missed the 1903's CMP had a couple of months ago; $500 a pop. I would like to have one, but prices are a 'little' steep for me at the moment. I like the Enfield, and was handed a 1908 MkI*** the other day; too bad they butchered it! Cut all the wood, drilled barrel and receiver for scopes, cut off the barrel, removed mag cut-off, cut off safety lever, blaa, blaa, blaa. About puked...
      They were in the $600 range IIRC.

Comment

Working...
      X