X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New case.
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Whats the total length of that upper? I have a square-ish pelican case and would like to be able to tear down my SBR and make it fit but wanted to get an idea of the length I'm looking at.

Comment

Originally posted by bottlerocket View Post
        Whats the total length of that upper? I have a square-ish pelican case and would like to be able to tear down my SBR and make it fit but wanted to get an idea of the length I'm looking at.
        It is a 9" barreled upper that measures 16.5" without a muzzle device. The case in my picture is tall enough that I can twist the two parts into an X but I need to get some foam to build a cut out.

Comment

I went with the Samson Evolution rails as they had the CLOSEST on the market parts to fit these needs. The initial rail comes with a 4" bolt on rail and 2 2" bolt on rails. Because I have a 9" barrel I opted for their 4" Evolution extension infront of the gas block. All total I have 11" of handguard on a 9" barrelled gun. I wished I could get the sum of the two down to 9.5"-10" with a much shorter spacer or less material past the gas block on the first section.

The quality is great and the fit is very precise to the gun; however I had a few issues with the sum of MY parts which have turned me off.

You can see in this picture the plug needs to milled ever so slightly to push through the front rail extension.

You can see here that hitting the bolts on the gas block required a Allen with a swivel head. Because of this and the ID of the rail being 1.650" you can not add their rail directly beneath the gas block area. When trying to do so the bolt holes start to not line up as you need them. Only way to correct this is to use a pinned style gas block for the piston kit.
          I measured and marked the blocks required position to ride center on the barrl's gas port. It can not move forward any and not cover the gas holes.

All said it is a great rail but I think I am putting the gun back to DI. But using a Samson 9" Evolution rail.

Comment

I just ordered another Samson Evolution rail but this time in their one piece 9". I think I will put the gun back to DI until I can figure out the gas system and rail situation.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
              I just ordered another Samson Evolution rail but this time in their one piece 9". I think I will put the gun back to DI until I can figure out the gas system and rail situation.
              Damn seriously looks like you're now building the SBR I want to put together. I've been interested in the Samson ever since I saw the Stag Arms 3G. Looks like a quality piece.

Comment

Well I converted it back to DI while I wait on a pistol piston. Took it out today and it shoots great both suppressed and standard rounds. I used the Gemtech Tundra 9mm can and the sound was decently reduced.

The important thing to take away is it cycled both rounds in DI so if the gas piston doesn't work we know it is not the gun.

Comment

I do not approve!
                  this thread looks too expensive .... moving on

Comment

Originally posted by futant View Post
                    I do not approve!
                    this thread looks too expensive .... moving on
                    I have <$1000 in the gun minus the suppressor I already own.

Comment

Is that the vortex viper pst 1x4?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremycg777 View Post
                        Is that the vortex viper pst 1x4?
                        Yes and I just saw today the damn illumination stopped working. I thought it was the battery but i replaced it with another battery and still no joy.

Comment

Working...
                        X