My .300 blackout thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My .300 blackout thread.

.300 blackout pistol and she shoots great........so far.

Needs:
    Tax Stamp for SBR
    7.62 suppressor and tax stamp
    Buffer tube and stock
    Sights and some sort of red dot or maybe a 1-4 power scope
    Adjustable piston conversion for a pistol length gas system.....same boat as CJ
    New handguard..see above
    Lots and lots of ammo

I went to the range and put a few rounds through it. Cycles great with 147gr.
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

I hope she gets prettier with time.

Need an Eotech EXPS2.2?

Comment

Looking good. I am ready to shoot mine. Here is a picture of my 300 blackout so far. It still needs a bcg, an optic, and a suppressor (paperwork sent to ATF early Dec.)

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
        I hope she gets prettier with time.

Need an Eotech EXPS2.2?
        you selling?
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I'm digging it. Seems like the easiest way to SBR. Where did you get the pistol?

Comment

Originally posted by bigmuskie View Post
            I'm digging it. Seems like the easiest way to SBR. Where did you get the pistol?
            Bare multi cal lower with pistol buffer tube = pistol. Easiest way to do a SBR that I know off other than buying one on a form 4.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

Comment

Scope mounted and bore sighted. I picked up 100rds today and can't wait to shoot them all tomorrow. Of course I will be accounting for all spent .300blk pieces of brass.

Scope is s Vortex 1-4x28. The name of mount escapes me right now but it feels solid.

Comment

Can't wait for the range report. I want to do a 300BLK SBR build but really uncertain as to how short of a barrel I wanna go with. Looks good so far!

Comment

Originally posted by bottlerocket View Post
                  Can't wait for the range report. I want to do a 300BLK SBR build but really uncertain as to how short of a barrel I wanna go with. Looks good so far!
                  The 9" barrel groups pretty well @ 100yrds. It will get better when I can put a stock on it and even better with hand loads.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                    The 9" barrel groups pretty well @ 100yrds. It will get better when I can put a stock on it and even better with hand loads.

What brand barrel did you go with?

Comment

Originally posted by bottlerocket View Post
                      What brand barrel did you go with?
                      It is a cheap Model 1

Comment

We could throw my spare 16x on it and really get some groups out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
                          We could throw my spare 16x on it and really get some groups out of it.
                          I'll unlock my 24x and the scope will be 6" longer than the rifle. that would be hilarious.
                          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                            I'll unlock my 24x and the scope will be 6" longer than the rifle. that would be hilarious.
                            Where is my picture of the long ass Vortex with the 6" sunshade.

Comment

I pulled my .300 apart and mocked it up some. I already had a Adams Arms carbine kit installed on my 5.56 gun, that kit became the donor parts for this 9" gun. The only peice different between the pistol and carbine is the operating/push rod. I called Adams Arms yesterday and they dropped a pistol op rod in the mail to me today.

You can see the short span between the gas block and the receiver. It will be covered with this http://www.samson-mfg.com/mm5/mercha..._Pistol_Length

Looks like with the Samson pistol Evolution kit made for the AA piston kit plus the 4" extension and my current suppressor (Gemtech Tundra) overall barrel length comes to just under 17"

Crap my flash washed it out too much.

The Tundra is a short term suppressor for this gun since it is rated at 9mm pistol. I am going to get a titanium one built by a guy at work that should handle the pressures better. For now I am going to be using an adapter to bridge the 5/8 threads at the barrel and 1/2 threads on the suppressor.

Next to my to my 11.5" 5.56 pistol. I had to basically just swap the barrels and handguards over because of the bushing already installed.

Looking at these pisol builds, the buffer tubes are .250" shorter then the carbine tube I will use when the tax stamp arrives. My 5.56 pistol would not cycle 100% and several others have had the same problem. Fix = cut off a few coils. Now when we try and shoot this thing with the subsonic ammo it may still not cycle, to help it along I pulled some weight out of the buffer.

Last edited by KBScobravert; 02-08-2012, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X