Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im still lost

Comment

Yeah anyone who thinks guns is a cheap hobby is crazy...unless you own a dirt cheap 22 and are satisfied with that. But if you have the itch...it's always gonna cost a pretty penny.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
        Yeah anyone who thinks guns is a cheap hobby is crazy...unless you own a dirt cheap 22 and are satisfied with that. But if you have the itch...it's always gonna cost a pretty penny.
        it snowballs in a hurry.............. thats for sure

Comment

Cool. Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
          sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
          🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Originally posted by onemeangixxer7502 View Post
            Guns get expensive, im in the process of getting everything filled out and transferred on my new toy!
            Have you ever had a real fast car? Guns are much cheaper. Fast cars are cost a LOT to maintain and a LOT to replace breakage.

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
              Have you ever had a real fast car? Guns are much cheaper. Fast cars are cost a LOT to maintain and a LOT to replace breakage.
              Not to mention the initial investment!

Comment

No one is saying guns are dirt cheap but you don't realize how much a really fast car actually costs to build/maintain/fix.

Comment

I never said as big of a waste but firearm s are by far the more expensive habit
                  Again with the 'how do you figure out which foot goes in front of the other...'

Comment

feeding and buying the thing isn't free. It's an expense when you pay out of pocket for it. You must think when you get money at the end of the year you didn't pay much in taxes as well ?
                    The first two are separate costs. While total cost is all the same pie, the capital expense of the item in question is accountable on its own from the cost of operation, especially considering that ammunition costs are variable, to the point of being excise. You probably think a cheap shot about my tax bracket coupled with poor punctuation validates your bad accounting practices.
                    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                      x2-
                      2012 GT500

Comment

There is a good idea what I have tied up in guns and whereas I a better than average collection it don't hold a candle to what I have tied up in my Cobra.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk
                        Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                          There is a good idea what I have tied up in guns and whereas I a better than average collection it don't hold a candle to what I have tied up in my Cobra.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk
                          I dunno about that. The nagant revolver might have evened things up.

Comment

I have raced competitively and shot competitively. The latter is much, much cheaper under any circumstances.
                            Originally posted by lincolnboy
                            After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by Nate View Post
                              LOL you think guns are more expensive then racing??!?

Not sure what I want to pick up for my first purchase though...
                              No. You are flat out wrong.
                              No one is saying guns are dirt cheap but you don't realize how much a really fast car actually costs to build/maintain/fix.
                              Whether or not guns or racing is more expensive is solely going to be based on a case by case basis. However, I find it coincedental that this thread you started is "First time ever shooting.." and you seem to already have a know-it-all attitude about all the prospective costs involved and you've never owned a single gun much less shot one until a few days ago. Most people on this board are not diehard racers where they are out at the track every weekend with an 8 second 1/4 mile car with $10k invested in the short block alone.

Comment

Not a know it all about guns but I do know the cost of racing. I know now much money I dropped into the 5 cars I raced in the last decade and know I'm not willing to drop on shooting.

The casual racer will have more tied up into a car than a casual shooter. The hardcore racer (outlaw 10.5/promod) guys will have close to a million tied up into cars/tow rig/etc if they are competitive. How much a competitive hardcore shooter has, I have no clue.

for my case racing is more expensive...but you are right on a case by case basis if you compare extremes.

Comment

Working...
                                X