New Ruger SR22 Pistol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
    Apparently Ruger sells a threaded barrel.

great article:

http://lead-slinger.com/ruger-sr22-pistol
    Ah, sweet. This really looks like a viable replacement for the p22. Still probably not as good as Ruger's new factory threaded MKIII though.
    Originally posted by lincolnboy
    After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
      Ah, sweet. This really looks like a viable replacement for the p22. Still probably not as good as Ruger's new factory threaded MKIII though.
      Those groups look pretty damn good honestly. And the last thing I want to deal with is another MK pistol.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Those groups look pretty damn good honestly. And the last thing I want to deal with is another MK pistol.
        You don't like them? IMO they are probably the best semi automatic .22 I have ever shot besides a colt woodsman.

Comment

You don't like them? IMO they are probably the best semi automatic .22 I have ever shot besides a colt woodsman.
          Oh they are great pistols, I have two of them. However, it only takes one time cleaning them to hate them forever.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Oh they are great pistols, I have two of them. However, it only takes one time cleaning them to hate them forever.
            LOL, that is the truth. I just clean the barrel with a bore snake, hit the feed ramp with a q-tip and spray some rem oil on the action. They are a pain in the ass to reassemble for sure.

Comment

LOL, that is the truth. I just clean the barrel with a bore snake, hit the feed ramp with a q-tip and spray some rem oil on the action. They are a pain in the ass to reassemble for sure.
              Yeah same here.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                But a small pocket sized .22 LR?? And if I remember, something that cost close to $500? Can't really call it a target pistol because of the barrel length. You could load it up with shot shells and it might make for a pocket snake gun but there are cheaper (better) options. It will be interesting to see how well this gun sells.
                What I'm saying is that there are plenty of guys buying the LCR or other light revolvers for their wives/girlfriends that aren't familiar with firearms. I can guarantee they won't pull the trigger on a LCR enough to become familiar with it. This would help them become familiar with the DA trigger without punishing their hands like a full LCR will while keeping them from flinching when they do. That is unless they fire a couple of rounds and set it down and say they'll never touch it again. My wife did that with her mom's LCR. I can't blame her because I don't like shooting it either.

Comment

Ever shot a High Standard? I like my Supermatic Citation 106 better than the Woodsman (my dad had both so I grew up shooting both of them a lot).
                  I also have a MKIII and I like the way it shoots but I find myself shooting the 22A a lot more because it seems to be just as accurate and so easy to clean.
                  Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
                  Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Originally posted by Trick Pony View Post
                    Ever shot a High Standard? I like my Supermatic Citation 106 better than the Woodsman (my dad had both so I grew up shooting both of them a lot).
                    I also have a MKIII and I like the way it shoots but I find myself shooting the 22A a lot more because it seems to be just as accurate and so easy to clean.
                    I have never played with a high standard, but I have heard nothing but good things about them.

Comment

Dammit. I want one of these now.

Comment

Wow, just read up on another new .22 LR Pistol. Watching a Youtube channel I frequent and they were showing off a new S&W M&P .22 LR pistol.

Review Link
                        Last edited by Jose; 01-16-2012, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                          Wow, just read up on another new .22 LR Pistol. Watching a Youtube channel I frequent and they were showing off a new S&W M&P .22 LR pistol.

Review Link
                          Its a glorified airsoft gun like the rest of the umarex wonders.

Comment

They look pretty nice. Side Story: One of the new LEO's comes in this week to qualify and he's got a SiG Mosquito for his backup. The Chief looks at him and asks "Where you born with tits?"

Comment

Originally posted by rray View Post
                              They look pretty nice. Side Story: One of the new LEO's comes in this week to qualify and he's got a SiG Mosquito for his backup. The Chief looks at him and asks "Where you born with tits?"
                              Sounds like he wants to die with a FTE as well.

Comment

Sounds like he wants to die with a FTE as well.

Yeah, I heard he had one while qualifying and had to take a miss on one because of time. lol

Comment

Working...
                                X