New Ruger SR22 Pistol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheaper than dirt in mckinney has one.

Feels solid, although very compact. The DA trigger stacked heavily, the s/a break was clean and only a little heavy. I was hoping this gun wouldn't be for child sized hands. It's not as small as the walther, but definitely feels more cramped than the mosquito which is 9/10 scale of a 226

Comment

Originally posted by helosailor View Post
      If the MSRP is $399, that means you should probably be able to pick one up in the low $300 range. I do believe I'll be getting one, it looks very promising.
      Saw one at big town today for $299

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
        Cheaper than dirt in mckinney has one.

Feels solid, although very compact. The DA trigger stacked heavily, the s/a break was clean and only a little heavy. I was hoping this gun wouldn't be for child sized hands. It's not as small as the walther, but definitely feels more cramped than the mosquito which is 9/10 scale of a 226
        For you Adam, most guns would be child sized What was it going for at CTD?

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
          For you Adam, most guns would be child sized What was it going for at CTD?
          307, and seriously child sized

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
            307, and seriously child sized
            small gun that works > big gun that doesn't.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

That's not a bad price. The Sig Mosquito was the other gun I was trying to compare it to. This may be the .22 LR Pistol I was looking for, something easy enough to disassemble and clean but fun and accurate to shoot.

Anyone seen the other "new" Ruger .22 LR? The LCR .22 LR?

Comment

That's not a bad price. The Sig Mosquito was the other gun I was trying to compare it to. This may be the .22 LR Pistol I was looking for, something easy enough to disassemble and clean but fun and accurate to shoot.

Anyone seen the other "new" Ruger .22 LR? The LCR .22 LR?

I really don't see the point in that one...

Comment

Originally posted by bottlerocket View Post
                  Neither do I and they ain't cheap either.

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                    small gun that works > big gun that doesn't> tiny gun that spontaneously disassembles itself

I agree. This thing appears to be a decent firearm.

Comment

Originally posted by bottlerocket View Post
                      It would be a good trainer for all the women that have revolvers because thats what their husband bought them.

Comment

Originally posted by Marss View Post
                        It would be a good trainer for all the women that have revolvers because thats what their husband bought them.
                        But a small pocket sized .22 LR?? And if I remember, something that cost close to $500? Can't really call it a target pistol because of the barrel length. You could load it up with shot shells and it might make for a pocket snake gun but there are cheaper (better) options. It will be interesting to see how well this gun sells.

Comment

This may be the .22 LR Pistol I was looking for, something easy enough to disassemble and clean but fun and accurate to shoot.
                          [/IMG]
                          The S&W 22A fits that description although it's not compact.
                          Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
                          Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Originally posted by Trick Pony View Post
                            The S&W 22A fits that description although it's not compact.
                            Yeah, there is nothing easier to break down and clean.
                            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Does this gun have a factory threaded barrel like the p22? If so I am sold. To me that is why the p22 is desirable (it is easy as hell to suppress).
                              Originally posted by lincolnboy
                              After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                                Does this gun have a factory threaded barrel like the p22? If so I am sold. To me that is why the p22 is desirable (it is easy as hell to suppress).
                                Apparently Ruger sells a threaded barrel.

great article:

Comment

Working...
                                X