New Ruger SR22 Pistol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Ruger SR22 Pistol

Anyone seen this yet? Looks pretty nice and I wonder if it handles better than the Mark II/III pistols while being easier to disassemble and clean. Looks like it will have a longer trigger pull but I wouldn't care as long as it's fairly light and smooth.

Buckmarks and ruger mark ii/iii are target pistols which is the reason that they have decent triggers. If this thing isn't another umarex wonder, im impressed.

Comment

I'm guessing this will be along the lines of the Walther P22.

Comment

Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. is proud to announce the new Ruger SR22 pistol, the do-it-all .22 pistol for the shooter who appreciates style and demands reliability. The SR22 is a rugged, scaled-down version of a full-sized pistol, perfect for plinking, target shooting and small game hunting. The lightweight SR22 has modern styling and is fun to shoot while using inexpensive rimfire ammunition.

"Ruger has built a solid reputation for excellence in rimfire pistols with the Mark III and 22/45 product families, and the new SR22 will contribute positively to that reputation," said Chris Killoy, Ruger Vice President of Sales and Marketing. "This pistol is feature-packed and an incredible value - consumers won't find a similar product with everything the SR22 offers at a comparable price. It functions with all types of .22 LR ammunition for extreme reliability; once rimfire enthusiasts pick it up, they won't want to put it down," he concluded.

The SR22 has light double-action and crisp single-action trigger pulls. Its external hammer is designed with a rounded spur for easy cocking and single-action shooting. The SR22 features a polymer frame and two interchangeable (no tools required) rubberized grips with angled serrations, allowing shooters to select either a slim or wider palm swell option. The aerospace-grade aluminum slide has serrations on both front and rear for better grip and slide manipulation. The easy-to-use underside Picatinny rail features multiple cross slots for variable mounting of most popular accessories.

The 3-dot sight system has a fixed front sight and a rear sight that is adjustable for both windage and elevation. A reversible blade allows shooters to select two white dots or a solid black blade. Other SR22 features include a stainless steel replaceable barrel, an ambidextrous manual thumb safety/decocking lever, ambidextrous magazine release, plus a visual inspection port to determine the load status of the pistol. The SR22 includes two finger grip extension floorplates that can be added to the magazine for comfort and grip. Each SR22 is also shipped with two 10-round magazines and a soft case.

For more information on the new SR22 pistol chambered in .22 LR, or to learn more about the extensive line of award-winning Ruger firearms, visit Ruger.com or Facebook.com/Ruger. To find accessories for the SR22 or other Ruger firearms, visit www.ShopRuger.com.
        Yes... that's what I'm talking about. Hopefully it will be as reliable and accurate as a MKII, and easy to clean as a P22 without the crappy quality. And it has an exposed hammer w/ decocker! Looks like it's my next .22. MSRP is $399.

Last edited by CJ; 01-07-2012, 11:47 AM.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Looks like it has a bull barrel (for a .22). It might be hard to suppress or at the least not as easy as the P22.
          Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
            Looks like it has a bull barrel (for a .22). It might be hard to suppress or at the least not as easy as the P22.
            That's my primary concern but if it's ruger, they'll be 100 barrels available in a few months.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Promising looking gun. It looked like it does not have a slide release similar to some Walthers since when he had it locked open he had to drop the mag to have the slide release forward. Either way, I hope its better than the P22. But was it entirely necessary for the markings to be that ugly? Sure SR22, but SR22 PISTOL. No kidding, its a pistol? Thanks Ruger for pointing that out

Comment

Originally posted by bottlerocket View Post
                Promising looking gun. It looked like it does not have a slide release similar to some Walthers since when he had it locked open he had to drop the mag to have the slide release forward. Either way, I hope its better than the P22. But was it entirely necessary for the markings to be that ugly? Sure SR22, but SR22 PISTOL. No kidding, its a pistol? Thanks Ruger for pointing that out
                My thoughts exactly.
                Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by bottlerocket View Post
                  I believe it's because they have an SR22 Rifle.

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                    I believe it's because they have an SR22 Rifle.
                    I guess, but damn its not like you're gonna get the parts mixed up lol. How about SR22P. I should be in marketing

Comment

Might have to check this out, an SR9 is on my short list already.

Comment

The bastages are trying to get my money! They may have succeeded if this realy is good.

Comment

If the MSRP is $399, that means you should probably be able to pick one up in the low $300 range. I do believe I'll be getting one, it looks very promising.
                          "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by Fatass View Post
                            Might have to check this out, an SR9 is on my short list already.
                            I've got a SR40C listed in the classifieds if that's on your short list too.

Comment

In for two.

Comment

Working...
                              X