picked up some shot rounds today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• picked up some shot rounds today.

They are from 200 yards and hit 1/4 inch plyboard and into a sand/dirt backstop.

55 gr vmax .223 flat base 2800fps est.

178 gr a max .308 I usually just find the copper jacket. Not a good big game hunting round.

.308 165gr nosler hunting balistic tip. 2500 Fps est.

.270 remington core lokt

Looks like the Amax held together better than the BT? Core lokts look about right pretty reliable besides they usually aren't the most accurate in a lot of guns.
    "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

That amax was the only one I could find today. Most act just lime the vmax. Just disenigrates

Comment

Interesting, there's been a lot of hype lately about the Amax working well on game. I got some 162's to try out, if my barrel stabilizes them I'll see how they work on pigs. After my let down this year with the Nosler BT's I won't use them on big game on anything under .308 diameter.

Comment

The amax will fuck small game up.

The jacket explodes and the rest keeps on going. On bigger game I could see it doing what the vmax does on coyotes if you hit good bone it just splatters and makes a flesh wound.

I shot all my deer with 150 gr off the shelf Hornady superformace sst. They did well on Kansas whitetail. If you place your shot well. I had one bad running shot and it splattered like the amax does. Had to shoot her again.

I've got some swift Scirocco 2 150 gr .308s to try. I was gave a 100 of them and I can't justify the price over a nosler or Hornady.

Comment

I haven't used the Scirocco's but the Nosler Accubond is Thor's hammer, knocks the life right out of them. I use them in my .30-06 in 165gr weight and they are running 2950fps dropped a 152lbs buck last year at 152yards perfect entry behind shoulder liquified the heart and lungs and broke the opposing shoulder on exit DRT. Also shot several pigs and had complete pass through on them as well no matter where the point of entry was.

Comment

Working...
            X