No announcement yet.

My week with a Beretta 390

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hate to hear you had such bad luck with your 390, I've had mine for 6 years with thousands of rounds through it and 0 issues. The only time I can even remember having a jam I was shooting some rounds I got for free that had been laying under the bottom shelf at academy for who knows how many years.

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
      Recoil pads are for women! If you're dove hunting a pump shotgun they make sense, but with a semi auto they kick substantially less. I use the factory pad on my 1187 and I've fired 500 shells in a 6 hour period and never had any real soreness.
      I never said I used one!
      Tera 4:1 + 4.88's = Slowest rig on here
      Baja-Bob.com

Comment

Stories like this is why I still use an 80 year old Winchester Model 12 for bird hunting. I can also safely tell you that I can cycle it as fast a many semi-autos.
        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
          Recoil pads are for women! If you're dove hunting a pump shotgun they make sense, but with a semi auto they kick substantially less. I use the factory pad on my 1187 and I've fired 500 shells in a 6 hour period and never had any real soreness.
          You haven't shot an A5 have you? Benelli's have a noticable felt recoil too.
          "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

390 plus Cole gunsmithing load springs = throw rocks at other autos .Check there web site out , they have some cool shit ...

Comment

Originally posted by dee View Post
              You haven't shot an A5 have you? Benelli's have a noticable felt recoil too.
              Yeah I shot an A5 a few years ago hunting. Those are recoil operated, my 1187 is gas operated. I should have said gas operated semis. But even recoil operated ones are less than a pump, because the action absorbs some of the energy to eject and chamber.
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Not a whole lot but they do some, you are correct and not very fun without a decent recoil pad.

It's been a long time since I've tore down a 1187 but do they use the same gas ring setup an 1100 does? I've fixed a few cause the rings were wrong and the gun wouldn't cycle.

Comment

Range Report....

Went through a case of bird shot and all I can say is -damn this is a fine firearm. I was wearing a thick jacket, but I seriously do feel like the SX3 reduces a large amount of felt recoil compared to pump and even the 390.

The gun is so light that I can support the entire firearm with my firing hand while using my free hand to operate the clay throwers. After 250 shots, no fatigue whatsoever... Just had to get used to how quick the gun tracks across the sky.

Some people complain about cleaning this gun, and I have no idea why... it is actually a treat to take this thing apart. Very easy, even the trigger assembly drops out without complaints.... I switched the safety over for a lefty.

Tera 4:1 + 4.88's = Slowest rig on here
                  Baja-Bob.com

Comment

Not a whole lot but they do some, you are correct and not very fun without a decent recoil pad.

It's been a long time since I've tore down a 1187 but do they use the same gas ring setup an 1100 does? I've fixed a few cause the rings were wrong and the gun wouldn't cycle.
                    they use a single rubber seal like most gas operated guns, replace every 5-10 years or so.
                    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

The 1100 if memory serves me correct (been around 10 years since mines been apart) have an O-ring then the gas piston seal then of course the piston itself. A lot of the ones I fixed the piston seal was upside down or the O-ring stretched.

Comment

The 1100 if memory serves me correct (been around 10 years since mines been apart) have an O-ring then the gas piston seal then of course the piston itself. A lot of the ones I fixed the piston seal was upside down or the O-ring stretched.
                        Yes that's correct, they have a rubber seal there.

Comment

Working...
                        X