Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For anyone considering a D.M. Bullard holster, look inside.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For anyone considering a D.M. Bullard holster, look inside.

Alright guys, as I talked about in another thread, I was anxiously awaiting my custom IWB holster for my Ruger SRH Alaskan. After contacting a few holster makers, I found David's website and after an email or two, I decided to go check out his stuff. I went out to his shop, he was extremely nice and accomodating.

I went out to his place on April 20th, 2011. I placed an order for a custom "Dual Carry" holster for a Ruger SRH Alaskan. I offered to pay him then, and he said that I could just pay when it was finished. We went over the options that I wanted, and I was made aware of the 16 week wait. We shook hands and the deal was done.

Here was our initial discussion:

Originally posted by Adam
    Holster questions? Kahr PM9, Ruger SRH Alaskan
    Adam Crain to dmbullardleath.
    show details Apr 20
    I have a Ruger Alaskan, and am interested in getting a "dual carry" built for it. I'm sure that's a bit of an odd request, but I'm quite serious.

I would also like to purchase an IWB for the Kahr PM9, right hand version, and a single pocket type magazine pouch for the same gun. I see that you have the IWB in stock. Is picking it up locally an option? I'm in Dallas, and end up in Fort Worth quite often.

Thanks in advance,
    Adam Crain
    Originally posted by DMBullard
    dmbullardleather@aol.com to me
    show details Apr 20
    You are more than welcome to come to the shop and purchase your holster. I do have the IWB Kahr PM in stock and I might have a pocket mag in stock. You can place the order for the Dual Carry when you come out. Just let me know what day you would like to come so I can let David know. We are in the shop Mon-Fri 9-5.

Thank You
    Renee Bullard

show details Apr 20
    What is the address? I will stop by tomorrow.

Thank you for the quick response.

Adam

On Apr 20, 2011 7:50 PM, <dmbullardleather@aol.com> wrote:

You are more than welcome to come to the shop and purchase your holster. I do have the IWB Kahr PM in stock and I might have a pocket mag in stock. You can place the order for the Dual Carry when you come out. Just let me know what day you would like to come so I can let David know. We are in the shop Mon-Fri 9-5.

Thank You
    Renee Bullard

show details Apr 20
    1100 Arvel Cir

Azle 76020

Thank You
    Renee Bullard

(866)383-6761

show details Apr 20
    Thank you. See you tomorrow

Three months later:
    show details Jun 26
    I just wanted to check on the build of my SRH alaskan holster. What's the projected finish date?

Thanks,
    Adam Crain
    show details Jul 12

We are running 16 to 20 weeks your order should be about a month out. We are working on getting our turn around time down. You will receive a tracking number when your order ships.

Thank You
    Renee Bullard
    And that's where we stood. I called on August ~20th, and spoke with David. He promised me he would make my holster and have it ready for me the next week... At this point, still no call.

show details Sep 8
    I am emailing you regarding the super redhawk alaskan holster. I spoke with david two weeks ago and he said it would be available at the end of the week.

Please call me at 972-955-7873

Thank you,
    Adam Crain
    No response...
    show details Sep 21
    David, do you have any good news for me on my Alaskan holster?

Thanks,
    Adam
    ... Another week wasted.
    show details Sep 28
    David, do you have any good news for me on my Alaskan holster? I really need this holster. Please get back with me.

Thanks,
    show details Sep 30
    I'm sorry, David told me to tell you that he's not trying to give you the run around, but it will still be another couple of weeks. We've had construction at the shop and a family emergency the past 2 weeks, and this coming week David has a scheduled trip out of town. We apologize for the inconvenience, and appreciate the understanding. When your item is ready to ship you will receive a tracking number via e-mail.

Thank You
    Maranda Eisen
    3 more weeks... no word yet.

show details Oct 17
    Any update on the SRH alaskan holster?
    DMBullard Leather to me
    show details Oct 19

I'm sorry, David has well over 1,000 orders and he is doing his best. He said that if you can not wait and want to go somewhere else he completely understands. We will be contacting you when the order is ready to ship, as we haven't received payment from you for the holster. I'm flooded with e-mails as it is, and David is well aware of your order I assure you. Please let me know if you are willing to wait for the order or if you would like to go else where. And from there let us be the ones to contact you, sorry for any inconvenience and I appreciate your understanding.

Thank You
    Maranda Eisen
    There it is. 2 months after the original deadline, that's 6 months or half of a year for a HOLSTER, I'm told that I can go fuck myself if it suits me.

Adam Crain to DMBullard
    show details Oct 19
    I offered to pay for the holster while I was at your shop in April. At this point, going to another manufacturer is just going to put me another 4 months out, in addition to the 6 months I've already waited. I'm aware of your recent deal with Cheaper than dirt, and I assure you that I am very happy for your success. I just want my holster. He told me on the phone that he would make it for me a month and half ago and have it ready for me that weekend... I don't know how long it takes to make a holster, but unfortunately for me, I can't just go pick up another holster to use while I wait patiently for the holster to be finished.

Please, I understand a backlog but help me out here.
    Adam Crain
    DMBullard Leather to me
    show details Oct 19

Cheaper than Dirt was pulled from our current stock, that's why our web-site is the way it is now and our in-stock selection isn't what it used to be.

Custom orders are something that takes a lot of time and labor. David actually had to create a pattern and hand cut for the Dual Carry for the Alaskan as it's not a common order. It is a custom order and not just a stock item that he can click out with a dye. I assure you he wants you to have a quality holster and that the finished product will be worth the wait. We appreciate your patience, and David is doing all that one man can when it comes to custom orders. We have customers that have been waiting longer than you that I am having to tell them the same thing.

Thank You
    Maranda Eisen
    Notice the past tense phrasing? Got it. By the way, when I was at the shop there were 3 people working on holsters while I was talking to David. Stop with the "he is only one man..." bullshit.

That was October 19th, More than 2 months after it was originally slated,, and more than a month after David promised it would be ready the week of September the 15th.

That's the last I've heard from DM Bullard leather company.

I do my absolute best to support local craftsmen, artisans, and small businesses, but this is not the way to treat your customers. "Please don't contact us, we'll contact you"... well, apparently not when you're already more than 2 months past your deadline without so much as a phone call.

Spend your money elsewhere guys.

Cliffs notes: Ordered a custom holster from a "custom holster maker".

Ordered April 21st, promised "16 week" delivery. August 10th would have been the date. No communication without repeated inquiries, and absolutely no attempts at actually filling my order now that I've wasted 7 months waiting for a holster that will apparently never be made.

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
      Cliffs notes: Ordered a custom holster from a "custom holster maker".

Ordered April 21st, promised "16 week" delivery. August 10th would have been the date. No communication without repeated inquiries, and absolutely no attempts at actually filling my order now that I've wasted 7 months waiting for a holster that will apparently never be made.
      and didn't pay for it yet! so he was not actually inline with rest of the costumer orders!

i assume paying costumers come first?

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
        and didn't pay for it yet! so he was not actually inline with rest of the costumer orders!

i assume paying costumers come first?
        Trust me, I tried to pay for it, since I was already buying another holster and magazine holder. He said he'd prefer me to pay for it when it was ready to ship. I'm not going to argue with the guy about how he prefers to do business.

Comment

I hate that crap.
          Originally posted by Broncojohnny
          HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Damn that sucks Adam, whether or not he has/had plans to build you a custom holster he's sure done a good job of wasting your time. I'd feel like I was getting the run around in your position.
            Originally posted by Jester
            Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
            He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
            Originally posted by Denny
            What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
            FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

That sux. Thanks for the heads up.
              sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
              17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
              13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
              86 SVO - Sold
              '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
              01 TJ - new toy - Sold
              65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Maybe he was high for 4-20 and forgot

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk
                .223 > 911

Comment

Trust me, I tried to pay for it, since I was already buying another holster and magazine holder. He said he'd prefer me to pay for it when it was ready to ship. I'm not going to argue with the guy about how he prefers to do business.
                  that sucks

i'd talk to him in person and maybe bribe him with an extra cash incentive! you might get it faster depends on how bad you want it of course!

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
                    that sucks

i'd talk to him in person and maybe bribe him with an extra cash incentive! you might get it faster depends on how bad you want it of course!
                    He can go fuck himself. I'll have Tucker out of Houston make it, and Dave Bullard will never get another cent of mine.

I just wish that I had known that he was going to fuck me around 7 months ago.

Comment

He can go fuck himself. I'll have Tucker out of Houston make it, and Dave Bullard will never get another cent of mine.

I just wish that I had known that he was going to fuck me around 7 months ago.
                      I love my iwb Tucker. I've been using it for at least 5 years.

Comment

What a coincidence!

I called Bullards shop today for that exact holster for my Ruger Alaskan and was told it was in stock and gave me a tracking number.

It seems someone cancelled their order.

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
                          It seems someone cancelled their order.
                          HA! I never cancelled my order, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's how they operate.

Comment

that fucking blows. i know you've been waiting and waiting for that.
                            the quality is top notch, the service is bottom rung.

tell you what, i'll make you one, bring over the gun, i have a foam wedge, shoe, and putty, lamb.
                            www.hppmotorsports.com
                            ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

TFP, I don't know if you have made any commitments to another maker but... There is a guy out here in Va who makes awesome leather holsters. He has been in business for 20+ years and does not advertise so that he can "control his growth". Basically, he is as big as he wants to be just from word of mouth. Anyways, I have 3 holsters from him and they are awesome. If you'd like his number let me know. And I'm not sure if he ships, but if he doesn't I could pick it up and ship it to you. Let me know.
                              04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Originally posted by Sean88gt
                              There is something about her that just makes my dick completely take over any thought process. If Russell Brand were on top of her, I'd fuck him just to say I pushed a dick inside of her.

Comment

Working...
                              X