Pocket .380....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pocket .380....

So, some of you may remember my story about my grandpa's old Iver Johnson Pony .380 mini 1911-esque carry pistol, and how my mom sold it at auction. Well, now I want a gun like that, for sentimental reasons.

The Iver Johnson Pony was basically the same as the Star Model D and the Colt Pony, and I've been looking at them. Are any of these guns actually any good? Does anyone have any experience with them? I've even looked at a few of the newer Colt Pony pistols, but Jumping Jesus Christ if people aren't proud of them.

Tell me about it!

Comment

I have a Colt .380 SS Mustang I bought in 93 or so, for my first carry gun. It's a great gun, and I did not know until recently that they quit making them, and drove the prices up. Several people at the last shooting gtg shot it, and all that have shot it before, seem to really like it. If they were available new today, I would buy it again.

If there is another gtg you are welcome to shoot it.
      sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
      17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
      13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
      86 SVO - Sold
      '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
      01 TJ - new toy - Sold
      65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

sig p238 ftw

Comment

I'm not sure what year it was made, but it was an Iver Johnson Pony .380. I have a few pictures.

I was too stupid to get the serial number or anything like that off of it. Also recovered from the house after my grandma died, were her purse gun and my grandpa's plinker. The Beretta tiny thing was the purse gun.

We still have the Beretta .22. My mom cleaned it up and has it still. I want to take it out to shoot it.

Comment

Working...
          X