Storing a loaded shotgun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Storing a loaded shotgun

Should the be any concerns about spring weakness in the tube from keeping a loaded shotgun handy?

Originally posted by Jose View Post
    Should the be any concerns about spring weakness in the tube from keeping a loaded shotgun handy?
    Nope. You're good to go.
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Funny thing, i had an old mossberg, decent enough gun, but I guess some cleaner or oil or combination of things dripped into the tube (hoppes #9?) and built up some sticky gunk on the shells and inside the tube over time. It sat for a long time loaded, and after that it wouldn't feed well past the first couple shells.

Replacing the shells with clean ones and cleaning out the tube and follower real well fixed it, no permanent damage.

Comment

ive had a 590 mariner i got when i was 18, wow...that was 18yrs ago..... either way, its never been left sitting empty, and its never failed to bark when commanded most recently like 2 weeks ago.

god bless.
        It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

I keep my 870 loaded with 8 shells in the tube.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Thanks guys! That's exactly what I needed to know.

Comment

Working...
            X