dented barrel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dented barrel?

i have an old double barrel that some how got a dent in one barrel. can this be repaired or would i just have to cut it off before the dent?
    07 f250-family truckster
    08 Denali -baby hauler
    52 f1-rust bucket
    05 Jeep tj. Buggy
    livin the double-wide dream

Originally posted by whitetrash View Post
    i have an old double barrel that some how got a dent in one barrel. can this be repaired or would i just have to cut it off before the dent?
    How bad is this dent?
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I would cut it off. The more you heat and cool the metal the weaker it becomes. If the dent goes through to the inner wall of the barrel then would say your screwed unless you cut...

Edit: how the hell do you "dent" a barrel?
      Originally posted by Sean88gt
      You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
      Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
      You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
        How bad is this dent?
        not horrible. but can be obviously seen looking down the barrel.

let me see if i can get a decent pic for you
        07 f250-family truckster
        08 Denali -baby hauler
        52 f1-rust bucket
        05 Jeep tj. Buggy

Comment

not horrible. but can be obviously seen looking down the barrel.

let me see if i can get a decent pic for you
          It also depends on where it is. The concern is a high pressure event when the projectile/wad hangs in the barrel. If it's a small dent it shouldn't have much of an effect. However, a big crease or dent could obstruct the wad and cause an over pressure.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

It also depends on where it is. The concern is a high pressure event when the projectile/wad hangs in the barrel. If it's a small dent it shouldn't have much of an effect. However, a big crease or dent could obstruct the wad and cause an over pressure.
            Wouldn't want any issues while blowing my wad.

Comment

The concern is a high pressure event when the projectile/wad hangs in the barrel.
              Sounds painfull...
              You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
              Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
              You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

its roughly 6-7 inches from the end of the barrel

07 f250-family truckster
                08 Denali -baby hauler
                52 f1-rust bucket
                05 Jeep tj. Buggy

Comment

That could be shaped out with a cold mandrel. It does not look that excessive, but I would consider having it reshaped. It all depends on what it's worth to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                    Wouldn't want any issues while blowing my wad.
                    lol
                    04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

There is something about her that just makes my dick completely take over any thought process. If Russell Brand were on top of her, I'd fuck him just to say I pushed a dick inside of her.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtracer View Post
                      I would cut it off. The more you heat and cool the metal the weaker it becomes. If the dent goes through to the inner wall of the barrel then would say your screwed unless you cut...

Edit: how the hell do you "dent" a barrel?
                      i dunno man. my mom has had them stored for years and there was an ugly divorce. im gonna go with some anger issues on one side because all the guns "disappeared" for awhile.
                      07 f250-family truckster
                      08 Denali -baby hauler
                      52 f1-rust bucket
                      05 Jeep tj. Buggy

Comment

That could be shaped out with a cold mandrel. It does not look that excessive, but I would consider having it reshaped. It all depends on what it's worth to you.
                        more sentimental than anything but i would like it to be in safe working condition.
                        07 f250-family truckster
                        08 Denali -baby hauler
                        52 f1-rust bucket
                        05 Jeep tj. Buggy

Comment

all of the guns i inherited are in rough shape from poor storage so i guess i need to have them all looked over for repairs and tlc
                          07 f250-family truckster
                          08 Denali -baby hauler
                          52 f1-rust bucket
                          05 Jeep tj. Buggy

Comment

more sentimental than anything but i would like it to be in safe working condition.
                            It looks to me like an older double barrel that has a soldered bridge. It is probably a 7,000psi max pressure shotgun. I personally would just run a well oiled 12ga mandrel down the barrel to reshape it.

Comment

It looks to me like an older double barrel that has a soldered bridge. It is probably a 7,000psi max pressure shotgun. I personally would just run a well oiled 12ga mandrel down the barrel to reshape it.
                              quite old. US Arms Co.
                              07 f250-family truckster
                              08 Denali -baby hauler
                              52 f1-rust bucket
                              05 Jeep tj. Buggy

Comment

Working...
                              X