Leatherman MUT - anyone have one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leatherman MUT - anyone have one?

Was looking at picking up a quality multi-tool compact folder, anyone have this knife?

--Scott

I have one but it stays in my tool box. A black wave is my everyday carry.
    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Waves are the shit. Leatherman warranty is bar none. I own two.
      Tera 4:1 + 4.88's = Slowest rig on here
      Baja-Bob.com

Comment

I'm looking @ the MUT and the skeletool right now. I'm not sure I can justify the MUT's price, but if the overall quality is significantly better than the other lethermans, I might pull the trigger.

Comment

Speaking of Leatherman's warranty policy I found out something odd. If you send in a sliver wave to have it repaired they will replace whatever broke and send it back. If you send in a black one they will send you a brand new one to replace it no matter how minor the damage to it was.
          Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Leathermans let me down several times while enlisted. I tried Gerber, same thing. However, I think it's the "blast" I have now that has lasted over 3 years now.

I think maybe I should utilize that warranty though. Never did in the past, just got pissed off and threw the damned things.

I'm not sure I'd buy a pocket version though, since you'll probably end up needing the strength of the full sized ones. They have nice belt pouches.
            Originally posted by MR EDD
            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
              Leathermans let me down several times while enlisted. I tried Gerber, same thing. However, I think it's the "blast" I have now that has lasted over 3 years now.

I think maybe I should utilize that warranty though. Never did in the past, just got pissed off and threw the damned things.

I'm not sure I'd buy a pocket version though, since you'll probably end up needing the strength of the full sized ones. They have nice belt pouches.
              In your case I would have to agree... All of the pocket tools I've ever owned I have managed to break various sub tools, but being in the states and not under fire I could send them in and wait for them to return. With the pricier ones you get much better steel.
              Tera 4:1 + 4.88's = Slowest rig on here
              Baja-Bob.com

Comment

I recently lost my skeletool and didn't feel like spending the coin to get another so I ordered a CRKT Zilla Tool. Pretty badass and half the price. Only downside so far is its a lil big.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk
                1988GT DSS pro bullet 306,pp track heat heads, pp downs box intake, TFS stage II cam, S-trim 13lbs, 503/461
                2002 VTX 1800C Chopped and Raked
                2000 F250 4x4 PSD
                2012 Ford Exploder
                www.fquick.com/payne5757
                www.myspace.com/payne5757

Comment

Working...
                X