Help me pick a handguard or quad rail!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
    It's an AR15 with a Vltor EMOD stock, 24" Sabre Defence super bench barrel 1:8 twist with a Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP scope mounted on a Larue MRS20moa base.

I've spent about a year working loads on it. Right now it shoots sub 1/4 MOA at 100 yards, sub 1/2 MOA at 200 yards. At 1000 yards I can get all hits on paper, but the grouping is not too fantastic. I've varied as much as 10" groups to 5" groups at 1000 yards. One gust of wind and your bullet flys a few feet left or right of the target. However, I am shooting a semi auto .223 rifle at 1000 yards, may very well need some more work on the action and lugs.
    That's pretty damn impressive. I don't think I'd be upset at all with those groupings. But I guess that's part of the fun, chasing better groupings huh?
    04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Originally posted by Sean88gt
    There is something about her that just makes my dick completely take over any thought process. If Russell Brand were on top of her, I'd fuck him just to say I pushed a dick inside of her.

Comment

I like the hand guards like the Troy TRX Extreme. They're light and you can put rails where you actually need them.

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
        You should thread your swivel stud into one of those holes, problem solved! You can buy them on midwayusa.
        My swivel stud adapter is HUGE.

like this:

Should I just enlarge the hole?

Ill try to take some photos of what I am talking about tonight. I am in the middle of boxing my office/gun room up so I may have already packed the parts up. I just have a bipod sitting around that I really want attached to my 24" ss and the handguard is just not working with me.

Comment

Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
          My swivel stud adapter is HUGE.

like this:

Should I just enlarge the hole?

Ill try to take some photos of what I am talking about tonight. I am in the middle of boxing my office/gun room up so I may have already packed the parts up. I just have a bipod sitting around that I really want attached to my 24" ss and the handguard is just not working with me.
          yep, as long as the hole isn't too big you're in business. Just make sure the holes are perpendicular to the line of sight, so your bipod mounts (check to make sure your bipod mounts like that first).
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
            like cj said, use one of the holes if it lines up right. if you have to drill to enlarge, then you will have to tap to thread it. if you dont have a tap, or arent a fan of threading aluminum you can just buy this:

Support page for warranty, service, and returns

it comes with a QD stud and a backer plate that it threads into. that's what i'm getting for my free float tube.
            www.hppmotorsports.com
            ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Originally posted by FunFordCobra View Post
              I like it but its loose..Is there a way to tighten it? They all seem to have alittle play from the factory.
              Not that I'm aware of, at least nothing that would jack it up. How loose is loose to you? I remember our issue rifles being fairly loose, but nothing that would make you hate them.

I'd consider taking it up to CTD or something and test fitting a couple that they may have around and going from there. Or just going with a nice tube.
              Originally posted by MR EDD
              U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Working...
              X