Legality of making an AR pistol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John -- '02 HAWK View Post
    Things changed just recently with the ATF letter that went out saying you can convert a pistol to a rifle and back again with out any issues. But it still has to remain whats legal for a pistol and legal for a rifle rifle. So no sbr on a rifle / vertical grip on a pistol / you get the point
    Oh damn this part I was unaware of. Nice to know. Its gonna be a flat top 12.5" upper in 6.8 SPC and then when I have the money to get the stamp I'll send in the paperwork and have myself an SBR. But until then its a 6.8 pistol

Comment

Originally posted by majorownage View Post
      My point is, they will start knocking before they have a warrant. Buy more than 3 guns and they'll show up to your house and ask you why.
      What?

Comment

The original paperwork on the lower needs to list it as pistol lower or a stripped lower...

Comment

Originally posted by bronco71 View Post
          The original paperwork on the lower needs to list it as pistol lower or a stripped lower...
          Original paperwork? Well the receipt I have from Del-Ton is that its a stripped lower.

Comment

Originally posted by bottlerocket View Post
            Original paperwork? Well the receipt I have from Del-Ton is that its a stripped lower.
            That is all you need.
            As long as when you filled out the 4473 it was not listed as a Rifle, but as a stripped lower or Pistol you can built it as a Pistol.

Comment

Originally posted by bottlerocket View Post
              Oh damn this part I was unaware of. Nice to know. Its gonna be a flat top 12.5" upper in 6.8 SPC and then when I have the money to get the stamp I'll send in the paperwork and have myself an SBR. But until then its a 6.8 pistol
              You can have a vertical grip on an ar pistol now.

Seriously, these dudes hacked the NFA-

Franklin Armory is producing a weird AR-15 they call the XO-26.It is essentially a Short Barreled Rifle with a vertical foregrip and no stock.What is especially interesting is that the BATFE don’t consider it a SBR (Short Barreled Rifle) or a AOW (All Other Weapon) therefore is needs no special NFA paperwork to purchase and own.

As long as it is a certain length, it is deemed not concealable and therefore not an AOW.
              Originally posted by lincolnboy
              After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

thats interesting but there may be a difference between from the MFR and just adding one. I dont know I would be leery of going in public with a vertical grip on a pistol until the there a letter of clarity

Comment

Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
                  That is all you need.
                  As long as when you filled out the 4473 it was not listed as a Rifle, but as a stripped lower or Pistol you can built it as a Pistol.
                  doesnt the new letter do away with worrying about pistol/rifle markings in the reciever

Comment

Originally posted by John -- '02 HAWK View Post
                    doesnt the new letter do away with worrying about pistol/rifle markings in the reciever
                    What letter? And no, it does not have to be marked pistol on the receiver.

Comment

Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
                      What letter? And no, it does not have to be marked pistol on the receiver.
                      this ruling

makes this " "it was not listed as a Rifle, but as a stripped lower or Pistol you can built it as a Pistol. " outdated information.

Comment

Working...
                      X