Handguns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Venix View Post
    Because he is under 21. If you are over 21, then the weapon can be registered to you. Pretty simple to say you own it at that point.
    Why can't it be registered to me when I'm 18?
    2012 GT500

Comment

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
      What I want to know is why you want to keep it in your car in the first place. You know the chances of you needing a gun while you are in your car are EXTREMELY minimal, right? You need to suck it up and leave it at home until you are 21, you don't need some random cop who decides to be a douche one day fuck up your record.

Comment

Because there's no such thing as a gun registry in Texas. What he's getting at is that the only real way that you can prove that you own something is to prove that you've purchased it legally, which you will not be able to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Venix View Post
          Because he is under 21. If you are over 21, then the weapon can be registered to you. Pretty simple to say you own it at that point.
          They can't be registered to me even though I am over 21 because there is no weapon registration in Texas. A police officer would have no way to check to see if I own any of my weapons that I know of. (Edit: fter reading what Pete said I see what you are getting at. I think your wording needs work, but I see your point)

Cobraman I agree with your interpretation of the law, it says "not prohibited from possessing", not "permitted to purchase" but I am no lawyer, CHL Instructor, or anything of the sort. I also think that Venix is right: You may get away with it but it could definitely cost you some time and money. Probably not worth it, but that is for you to decide.
          "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
          -Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I have a Taurus .45 , the judge, it's badass you should get one ... Definitely help "protect" yourself when your in the hood in carrolton.
            Awwwwww skeet skeet skeet
            03gt intech POWA!

Comment

there is no registration of firearms in texas.

you are allowed to own a gun at 18 and older.
              you are allowed to buy a gun at 21 and older.
              (obvious restrictions apply to both)

you are allowed to carry in your vehicle if you want, same restrictions however just like everyone else has said, you make that decision. if you get involved in something it's going to be messy.
              www.hppmotorsports.com
              ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Originally posted by momo View Post
                there is no registration of firearms in texas.

you are allowed to own a gun at 18 and older.
                you are allowed to buy a gun at 21 and older.
                (obvious restrictions apply to both)

you are allowed to carry in your vehicle if you want, same restrictions however just like everyone else has said, you make that decision. if you get involved in something it's going to be messy.
                You're allowed to purchase long guns at 18.

Comment

just ride a buffalo... i hear they can scare off a bear even
                  first class white trash

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
                    Because there's no such thing as a gun registry in Texas. What he's getting at is that the only real way that you can prove that you own something is to prove that you've purchased it legally, which you will not be able to do.
                    Correct, so the only real way to have the info on file would be the standard FFL form that we all fill out for a new sale, or any dealer sale. FTF sales have no set way of being documented.

If it is a routine traffic stop, and the LEO is having a good day, and your are over 21, most likely he will just let you go about your business with whatever nice ticket he wrote you. If you are under 21, he knows that you did not buy that gun from a dealer. Then he has to question if you can even legally own it, etc. etc.

Comment

Originally posted by forbes View Post
                      just ride a buffalo... i hear they can scare off a bear even
                      I would rather ride the bear, seems like it would be easier to park.

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
                        You're allowed to purchase long guns at 18.
                        hello ossifer, don't worry, i'm allowed to have this 10" gun with a folding stock because it makes it long!

what's NFA?
                        www.hppmotorsports.com
                        ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

If you do get a gun make sure to put in the time to become proficient in handling it and get lots of range time practicing. Carrying a gun can get you killed in situations where you may have just gotten robbed or beat up if you aren't ready and able to use it effectively.
                          Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
                          Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

That's right, and if you get a single action wheelgun you need practice a whole lot to get that Billy-the-Kid dual spinning action down. And learn to draw and fire with your thumb because that is how gunfighters like Josie wales does it. That and fanning the hammer when you are surrounded by train robbers.

Comment

Working...
                            X