Handguns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handguns

I've been shopping around a bit for handguns. I've kind of narrowed it down to two choices, but any input is much appreciated.

My dad has a buddy that will sell me his glock 9mm (g19?)

Or I've been looking at a new tarus 840 compact .40

I don't plan to shoot it incredibly much, but it will Definetly see the range more than a couple times. My family doesn't own any firearms, and our neighbor down the street was robbed a couple months ago, so I think it'd help me sleep better at night, and I've always wanted my own gun.

Anything to say about either?
    2012 GT500

Glock all day long. They are the standard that most others are judged by for a reason. I have noting against Taurus products but I'd take the Glock over the Taurus in a heart beat.
    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Go to shoot smart or another range and shoot some guns. The buy what you like. I'd go with 9mm over .40, it's just cheaper to shoot, and plenty if needed.

I like Glocks, but not enough to buy one. Tauruses are fine, and it's not like you're going to shoot enough to wear any gun out.

Good luck.
      sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
      17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
      13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
      86 SVO - Sold
      '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
      01 TJ - new toy - Sold
      65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Don't you have to be 21 to purchase a handgun? You've got a few years kiddo.

Comment

If it is for home defense forget the handgun and get a Remington 870 home defense version, load it with home defense ammo or buckshot, and be done with it.
          I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
            x2
            Kid is in High School still(I think), Research now and once you hit 21 buy the pistol you want.

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
              If it is for home defense forget the handgun and get a Remington 870 home defense version, load it with home defense ammo or buckshot, and be done with it.
              This
              "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                My dad is getting one for me on my bday. At 18 you can own a gun, but you can't purchase from a liscenced dealer.

It's for home defense and fun. A shotgun isn't portable enough. I'd like to be able to have it in my car if need be, an possibly carry it when I am old enough
                For my chl.
                2012 GT500

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
                  another "This"

or be a baller, buy both.
                  Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
                    My dad is getting one for me on my bday. At 18 you can own a gun, but you can't purchase from a liscenced dealer.

It's for home defense and fun. A shotgun isn't portable enough. I'd like to be able to have it in my car if need be, an possibly carry it when I am old enough
                    For my chl
                    in three plus years?

I would not be under 18 driving around with a gun in the car unless I could articulate to an officer that I was going to or from the range.

If you are still in highschool you might be leaving yourself open for more trouble if you have the gun in your car on campus.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                      in three plus years?

I would not be under 18 driving around with a gun in the car unless I could articulate to an officer that I was going to or from the range.

If you are still in highschool you might be leaving yourself open for more trouble if you have the gun in your car on campus.
                      I realize. The gun wont be in my car at school, I've researched all that. Its legal to carry a weapon in your car as long as it isn't on your person when you leave your vehicle.

Edit: i didnt see that you said under 18. I won't own the firearm until my 18th bday
                      2012 GT500

Comment

in three plus years?

And yes, in three years. I'm not a gun fanatic and will have no need to buy anything else. I'd like this gun to serve all the purposes so I don't have to buy another.
                        2012 GT500

Comment

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
                          I realize. The gun wont be in my car at school, I've researched all that. Its legal to carry a weapon in your car as long as it isn't on your person when you leave your vehicle.
                          I am going to assume that they last two sentences are seperate. A gun in your car on school campus will land you in plenty of trouble that you don't want.

Comment

I am going to assume that they last two sentences are seperate. A gun in your car on school campus will land you in plenty of trouble that you don't want.
                            You assumed correctly. I would never even take it near school.
                            2012 GT500

Comment

Let me know if you want Togo to the range with me, ill let you shoot my glock 23 so you can get a feel for it. I also need a skeet shooting bitch to work the thrower for me while I shoot.

Comment

Working...
                              X