• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if i were married to that, i wouldnt be hunting...jk
    nice gun

Comment

Originally posted by FunFordCobra View Post
      Mostly hog. Flashlight was just something cheap that looked kind of cool at short notice. Didnt have near enough money for lasers or holograpic sights and magnifiers. I'd like to get 2x or 3x night vision but that costs about 500 as well..

What should I get for it? Other then what I posted it's 100% stock.
      Don't waste your money on that Gen 1/2 shit. You need At least Gen3 and expect to spend around $2k. I'd recommend the Mum-14 or PVS-14. Both small, portable, and weapon mountable.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

FFC, have you done much shooting or is this more or less your first rifle?

I'd not complicate it too much. Get on paper at 100 yards, get it zero'ed and work on 3 round groups at that point.

Google breathing and trigger pull if you're new to shooting. I've seen long time shooters/hunters who shoot fine, but hold the trigger like you are in that pic. Generally, it's best to stay with best practices/procedures.

Anyway, once you have it grouped good at 100 and feel confident in your trigger pull then to me it makes sense to go further out if you want. For hunting though, I think even in Texas - 100 yards is pretty far out there. I'm no expert, but I'd stay zero'ed at 100 and learn to compensate for further if need. (either SWAG or with a BDC reticle or something like that)

Just my opinion. There are 1001 opinions on these things, but KISS principle applies and if you have the standard mechanics down it's just a matter of practice.
        Originally posted by MR EDD
        U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by appelingogt View Post
          if i were married to that, i wouldnt be hunting...jk
          nice gun
          But she would be.

Stevo
          Originally posted by SSMAN
          ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Working...
          X