My first rifle.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first rifle.

I've had a few 22's and a shotgun but I finally got something I can kill bigger game with. My girl is a bow/rifle hunter and she has got the hunting bug in me.

Bushmaster .308 and 7.62, 5x Leupold scope, 250 Lumen Light, and fore grip to start.

Any tips on sighting this in? Taking it to elm fork this weekend. I have a bore laser sight. Stoked to shoot it!
    sigpic
    Tags:

You will love it. These weapons are awesome!

Comment

What's the flashlight for?

What game are you wanting to hunt with that?
      Originally posted by MR EDD
      U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Here she is with the gun!

This is one of her Hogs we got up at my lease near Sulpher Springs. It almost tipped 300 lbs. Dropped it dead with one 30 o 6 shot right through the heart.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
          What's the flashlight for?

What game are you wanting to hunt with that?
          Mostly hog. Flashlight was just something cheap that looked kind of cool at short notice. Didnt have near enough money for lasers or holograpic sights and magnifiers. I'd like to get 2x or 3x night vision but that costs about 500 as well..

What should I get for it? Other then what I posted it's 100% stock.
          sigpic

Comment

Holy hot legs batman!!

Comment

Originally posted by FunFordCobra View Post
              Mostly hog. Flashlight was just something cheap that looked kind of cool at short notice. Didnt have near enough money for lasers or holograpic sights and magnifiers. I'd like to get 2x or 3x night vision but that costs about 500 as well..

Night Vision for $500...are you sure? I'm no expert but I've never seen any NV that cheap.

Edit: Oh an nice rifle I'm hoping to get a big bore AR at some point, but ill probably go with one that uses the standard lower since I have an extra one ready. I will probably start reloading before I buy it too.
              Last edited by slow06; 10-07-2011, 11:03 AM.
              "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
              -Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by 94mstng94 View Post
                Holy hot legs batman!!
                I agree!

Comment

Best I can recommend is trigger time, probably lose the forehand grip.

I like to just keep it simple when it comes to hunting. Looks like you have a good platform for what you want to do here in Texas.
                  Originally posted by MR EDD
                  U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

I've had a few 22's and a shotgun but I finally got something I can kill bigger game with. My girl is a bow/rifle hunter and she has got the hunting bug in me.

Bushmaster .308 and 7.62, 5x Leupold scope, 250 Lumen Light, and fore grip to start.

Any tips on sighting this in? Taking it to elm fork this weekend. I have a bore laser sight. Stoked to shoot it!
                    Great finger discipline. Your old lady seems like she's pretty cool, don't let her catch you with your booger flicker on the bang switch.

Comment

Originally posted by slow06 View Post
                      Night Vision for $500...are you sure? I'm no expert but I've never seen any NV that cheap.
                      It's only a Gen 1 but it should do the trick as long as you are within 100 yards. I bought the gun from these guys. Local distrubutor. They have some pretty cool shit. ALOT of cops hang out there though...
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
                        Great finger discipline. Your old lady seems like she's pretty cool, don't let her catch you with your booger flicker on the bang switch.
                        I know right...I haven't even taken my hunters safety yet. Just did the online portion. Field test day this saturday.

I'll admit shes a WAY better shot and knows ALOT more then I do. She also bow hunts.... Almost had a pretty big spike last weekend but the bow popped her leg because we were both in a small pop up blind and it went high because my big ass was crowding her..
                        Last edited by FunFordCobra; 10-07-2011, 11:07 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

It's only a Gen 1 but it should do the trick as long as you are within 100 yards. I bought the gun from these guys. Local distrubutor. They have some pretty cool shit. ALOT of cops hang out there though...
                          http://gtdist.com/ProductDetail.aspx...ATN-ARIESMK390
                          Ahh Gen 1. I wonder what kind of image that creates in real life. I don't know why but I want NV or a thermal camera soo bad.

I'm starting to like GT Dist too, I wish the storefront was a little closer to me though.
                          "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
                          -Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I know right...I haven't even taken my hunters safety yet. Just did the online portion. Field test day this saturday.

I'll admit shes a WAY better shot and knows ALOT more then I do. She also bow hunts.... Almost had a pretty big spike last weekend but the bow popped her leg because we were both in a small pop up blind and it went high because my big ass was crowding her..
                            Its almost time for you to go cook her dinner and do some laundry.

Comment

The ballistics of the round you will be using will have the biggest impact on sighting it in. With the laser bore sight, you can dial it in in the daylight at 25 or so yards and that will get you within a few inches at 100 yards. If you can do it at late dusk at 100 yards, that would be even better. Keep in mind that a laser travels in a straight line, a bullet does not.
                              If you have some particular name brand ammo that you will be using, post up the brand, bullet type and weight and we can probably give you some more guidance.

Oh, and nice rifle and great legs on your lady. Legs like that and a bow/rifle hunter...she's a keeper.
                              "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Working...
                              X