Southern Ballistic Research

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Southern Ballistic Research

I'm buying a .458 SOCOM upper and I've only found 3 companies that build them - Rock River, and it takes 30-90 days for them to build it; Teppo Jutsu, the company that designed and originally built parts/kits/rifles for the .458 SOCOM; and SBR, who is taking over for Teppo Jutsu since the founder (company?) is moving overseas. All the guys on 458socomforums.com that have one of the Teppo Jutsu uppers/rifles are very satisfied, but I'm wondering if anybody knows anything about SBR or even how SBR's work compares. 458socomforums has currently disabled new user registration because of spam, so I can't just sign up there and ask.
    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
    HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Never heard of the company that you are inquiring about but I have had a Rock River. I'd just peruse TX gun trader and pick up a used one; not many people who get them keep them for long and I see them come up for sale on a regular basis. I don't really see the appeal in them myself. It is basically a VERY expensive to operate semi auto 45/70.
    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Here is one now.

Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

I'm just looking for an upper. And it's really not that expensive, you can reload them for about $.60 per round, factoring in brass and an average of 8 loads per case.
        HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

I rarely sell any of my stuff; it is just not in me. When I sold my RR SOCOM upper and the accouterments that went with it I was a very happy man. If you just have to have a big bore thumper may I recommend that you go with a Marlin guide gun in 45/70?

Comment

Yeah, that (and/or .450 Marlin) is on my list too. What didn't you like about the .458, other than price/availability of ammo?
            HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

There was nothing wrong with my SOCOM but it never felt right. Too much of a round in not much of a rifle. The round is also practically a semi wild cat given the cost of factory ammo. Sometimes I'd really like to blast away without having to crawl around to collect my spent brass. I didn't mind having to hand load ammo for it but is just got real old real fast when I wanted to put a few hundred rounds down the barrel.

The .450 Marlin is just a modern 45/70 for people who don't hand load. Stick with the 45/70.

Comment

Gotcha, thanks
                HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Nash, I just saw this on Snipers Hide, though I would post it over here. (I don't know the seller or anything, just happened to run across it)

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
                  -Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Right on, thanks!
                    HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

buy it without the mount. $700 seems good.
                      www.hppmotorsports.com
                      ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Originally posted by momo View Post
                        buy it without the mount. $700 seems good.
                        $700 is a great price for that, and a few rounds of loaded ammo to boot.
                        "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Working...
                        X