Tactical Solutions SBX 12.25" Ruger 10/22 Barrel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tactical Solutions SBX 12.25" Ruger 10/22 Barrel

I was curious if anyone had any real world experience with the new 12.25" SBX barrel Tac sol is offering now. I like the fact it's considerably lighter than the 16" barrel, and with my suppressor it doesn't add any length. My only concern is how dumb it looks with the giant shroud, but it keeps that $200 tax stamp at bay. Also, I figure I can remove it when my SBR gets approved.

Last edited by CJ; 10-06-2011, 07:49 PM.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

I can't open the link does this barrel have a shroud pinned of as part of the barrel itself? I am interested in building a 12.5"ish 10/22 for SBR with Butler Creeks wire folding stock.
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
      I can't open the link does this barrel have a shroud pinned of as part of the barrel itself? I am interested in building a 12.5"ish 10/22 for SBR with Butler Creeks wire folding stock.
      yes. It is pinned onto the barrel. No NFA stamp required and you can slide suppressors into the shroud. Apparently the pin is visible and in theory not too hard to remove.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
        yes. It is pinned onto the barrel. No NFA stamp required and you can slide suppressors into the shroud. Apparently the pin is visible and in theory not too hard to remove.
        No shit!

How much for the one you posted?

That is a great SBR starter.

I just bought Motoman's 10/22 off the classifieds and have been on a ebay parts buying kick the last day for another build and to upgrade my wifes.

Comment

No shit!

How much for the one you posted?

That is a great SBR starter.

I just bought Motoman's 10/22 off the classifieds and have been on a ebay parts buying kick the last day for another build and to upgrade my wifes.
          Check out Gunkings.com, they have some of the least expensive aftermarket 10/22 parts.
          Originally posted by Jester
          Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
          He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
          Originally posted by Denny
          What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
          FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
            Check out Gunkings.com, they have some of the least expensive aftermarket 10/22 parts.
            damn work server blocks it

my MidwayUSA gunsmith catalog should be here in a few days and the thoughts and plans in my head are scaring my checking account. An online site I can access at work would be even worse.

Comment

my MidwayUSA gunsmith catalog should be here in a few days and the thoughts and plans in my head are scaring my checking account. An online site I can access at work would be even worse.
              Gunkings is where I got just about everything for my 10/22, plus they're located in Allen.
              Originally posted by Jester
              Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
              He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
              Originally posted by Denny
              What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
              FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

It's pretty expensive compared to their 16.5" barrels. It's 278 on gun kings.

Comment

interesting, reminds me of the golf ball launcher for ARs

Comment

Originally posted by gat0r View Post
                    interesting, reminds me of the golf ball launcher for ARs
                    LOL That is EXACTLY how I was planning on describing it to Keith originally.

Comment

Working...
                    X