almost shot someone last thursday.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• almost shot someone last thursday.

Last Thursday night around 10-10:30 I was getting ready for bed when my dog starts woofing and I hear a noise by the front door sounds like the knob being turned. now the door is locked but the knob doesn't have a lock on it well I pick my .40 up and watch the door and I see the knob turn and the dog goes crazy. I almost unloaded a mag of DRT rounds through the door right their but I stopped myself cause I didn't know what the law was about that. this was a apartment and my last night in it I have moved since then to a house and I kind of know the rules about a house but with apartment what’s the law say about shooting people trying to brake in?

you would have been fucked. its not against the law nor should you feel threatened by a doorknob turning. could have been a million and one things besides some with bad intentions.

god bless.
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

3 periods.
      Ded

Comment

Originally posted by vadertt View Post
        3 periods.
        and brake.

god bless.
        It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
          you would have been fucked. its not against the law nor should you feel threatened by a doorknob turning. could have been a million and one things besides some with bad intentions.

god bless.
          well normally I’m not this jumpy but there has been over 30 b&e at these apartments in less than a month. the people that lived below me got their door kicked in a few weeks back. I’m so glad I’m out of this place no more waking up in the middle of the night to check and make sure my cars are still their or haven’t been broken in to.

Comment

You had the gun drawn, should have opened the door so they could find themselves at the end of your barrel?

Comment

well the dog scared them off before i could get to the door. i would have liked to have hit the door real hard and made them shit them selfs.lol

Comment

They were looking for Chuck

Comment

Answer the door naked. Something good is bound to happen that way. At least this would have been a better thread.

Comment

lmao!

Comment

They probably from DFWM and wanted to kill you for the horrible spelling/lack of punctuation. You know how they roll!
                      Ded

Comment

Originally posted by vadertt View Post
                        They probably from DFWM and wanted to kill you for the horrible spelling/lack of punctuation. You know how they roll!
                        ok i have to know. what is the deal with making fun of people with bad spelling and bad punctuation? i know i miss spell or use the wrong words at times i blame the public schools. but who gives a flying fuck. why do y'all get so butt hurt about it?

Comment

Take a CHL Class and you will learn a quite a bit about this stuff, (if you have not already that is).

Otherwise, I highly suggest against shooting an unknown target. It could be the biggest bad guy in the world, or it could be a 6 year old at the wrong house trying to get back in.

Comment

Generally, I believe in never shooting something I can see. For example, not shooting through the door. Only exception would be if they were shooting through the door, in which case I'd be shot or not in front of the door.

Anyway, it's good to be ready - but it'll get sticky trying to justify (even a criminal/bad guy) shooting someone - through a door that is locked in court.

I think you realistically knew the truth on this one and knew that you had to hold off. Some classroom education will help you solidify your thinking on basic shooting/gun rules.

Edit: Even in FF's case, being in the sticks. He MAY get away with blasting someone through the door, but it's going to be costly. In an apartment, it could be anyone on the other side. Hell, even if in the sticks odd things happen. Just best to identify what you're shooting - and feeling threatened helps - but you have to be able to justify it to some arm chair quarterbacks.
                            Originally posted by MR EDD
                            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Shoot anything that moves, especially Mexicans
                              Check your self bro , you're not that cool.

Comment

Working...
                              X